Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bonnaroo 2017 Festival • Page 2

Discussion in 'Tour Forum' started by sawhney[rusted]2, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Behind the Barricade

https://www.behindthecade.com

2 things: Wow Marshmello is getting gigantic for being the EDM version of Buckethead. 2) Are there no big comedians this year?

2. Drewski

Maybe so, maybe not.

Last year's headliner trio was about as good as it gets for me, but this festival should be embarrassed with the lineup they've put out the past two years. Woof.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

The Front Bottoms are listed pretty low on that poster, no?

4. SPine

Trusted

Daily lineups are out

5. SPine

Trusted

I'm selling my 4 day pass if anyone knows anyone who is looking to buy a wristband. They haven't been sent out yet but I'll sell it face value or open to negotiations.

6. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

[​IMG]

7. SPine

Trusted

Was not expecting the front bottoms to play the main stage. That's pretty awesome

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. sawhney[rusted]2

Well, not sure if anyone else went to this, but I legitimately had one of the best times of my life here this past weekend. Such a fun atmosphere, great shows and performances, made a bunch of new friends and there were really no negative moments haha.

Hopefully I saw some of you in passing, and I hope to see some of you next year!

9. manoverboard365

Trusted

I really want to try and go to Roo again. I went in 2012 and 2013 and it was the best festival experiences I've ever had.
    Now that me and my friends are in our 30s and aren't poor college kids, I'm hoping we can all go down next year and stay in one of those luxury RVs.

Also really happy to see Bonnaroo bounced back from last year's low ticket sales. Estimated 65k attended this year. Only 45k went last year, and 2010-2015 had an average of 75k.

10. sawhney[rusted]2

It was very comfortable with the number of people that attended! Was able to get into the pit for all of the shows I reasonably wanted to. And they cut back on budget so that's why the lineup was the way it was. If they can use the momentum to get better acts next year, they can definitely get back to the 75k, and in this festival environment that's pretty solid!

11. SPine

Trusted

What were the best shows you saw?

12. sawhney[rusted]2

So, I'd probably say
    U2
    RHCP
    Umphrey's McGee
    Jon Bellion (front row rail pit)
    Glass Animals (pit)
    Chance the Rapper
    Dermot Kennedy

Honorable Mention to Travis Scott (pit) for how ridiculously hype it was

13. sawhney[rusted]2

Also, give Dermot Kennedy a listen...by far, the best voice I heard the entire weekend. This kid can really sing

14. Skoke

Regular

I had an incredible time this year. Glass Animals and Portugal. The Man were some of my favorite sets. On the electronic side, G Jones and Snails were the best imo

15. sawhney[rusted]2

Awesome! PTM's set was great but I was further to the back. I didn't get to see either of the EDM sets, but everyone I talked to verified that those sets were great.

This was my first year going ever, and now I'm going to try to go for the foreseeable future