Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bon Jovi Tops The Charts

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Mar 5, 2018.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bon Jovi has the number one album in the country this week:

The set re-enters the tally with 120,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending March 1, according to Nielsen Music, up from a negligible figure in the previous week. Essentially all of its sum is traditional album sales. The surge back to No. 1 is owed nearly entirely to sales generated by a concert ticket/album sale redemption offer with Bon Jovi’s upcoming U.S. arena tour.

2. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

Interesting. I get how Fall Out Boy did so well because of the MANIA album/merch bundles, but I didn't realize including the album with a concert ticket worked the same way. But hey, they can tout that the re-release of the album did well. (This House is Not For Sale is a decent album, by the way)

3. Stevangelion

We Can (Not) Make It Alone.

Jersey Represent! You’re muh boi Bon!

4. David-

Trusted

Easily the best album they've released in quite a while.

5. oneeightytwo

Regular

What’s the ratio to albums sold via concert packages compared to being bought individually to count as an ‘album unit’?

6. daldalian

hopelessly yours, Alabama

Now Sambora's presence is not necessary but it would be nice if he was involved.

7. AMC

Regular

Do they have a big single.. I haven't heard anything

8. heymattrick

Pool Boy at the Vampire Mansion

The title track off this album was the biggest single ("This House is Not For Sale"). But that came out way over a year ago. This is just a re-release of the album which had 2 new songs, neither of which are going to go very far I assume.

9. Spenny

Regular

I'm actually not a fan of counting these album redemption deals as actual album sales. Completely devalues the point of the chart in the first place.