Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bon Iver Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Mar 10, 2016.

1. zmtr

Trusted

Quite easily for me. I love MBDTF but I can't stand Lost in the World.

2. zmtr

Trusted

Seeing him at Eaux Claires was probably the best day of my life. Can't wait for this year, will be my fifth time seeing Bon Iver.

Also I'm incredibly jealous of Australia for being able to witness the "Cercle" shows

3. About that time of year when I break out BIBI and listen to it like five times a day

zmtr likes this.
  4. zmtr

Trusted

Also the 4AD piano session is one of the best live videos ever recorded. Fight me.

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

eaux claires fam wut up

6. zmtr

Trusted

Aye charles! Didn't even realize it was you.

How excited are you that we're probably going to see a live version of "I need a forest fire"

7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

fuck I know, as i was listening to that album for the first time, my thoughts were "oh shit i'm probably going to get to experience this live with the two of them on one stage"

8. Checkered

Regular

Cercle shows kick off tonight.

Flying out tonight for tomorrow's show. So many people missed out on tickets even with 4 shows but I got second row on the Saturday night so I ain't mad at all.

LWS and ChiliTacos like this.
  9. Checkered

Regular

Yeah pretty good hey

ChiliTacos likes this.
  10. Cercle was incredible. I think Creature Fear was the best live performance I've ever experienced, especially when Skinny Love came right after. The lighting was also brilliant. It was special getting to see the songs I've loved for so long in a new light. Also loved that the set was so long.

It looked like they were filming as well so I'm hoping they release it sometime.

Checkered and ChiliTacos like this.
  11. thebloodhound May 29, 2016
    (Last edited: May 29, 2016)
    thebloodhound

Regular

I also made the trip to Sydney for Cercle, I can't believe I got to tick the opera House off the bucket list with Bon Iver & The Staves.
    Phenomenal show, I don't think words could describe how we all felt watching it.
    I'd say it was easily the best show I've ever seen, every element was just how I dreamed it would be.

Justin is such a humble and talented guy too, damn him

Also, however Justin and The Staves came together, it is a match made in heaven. Their harmonies are absolutely out of control live.

LWS likes this.
  12. Checkered

Regular

Bon Iver in 2012 at Red Hill was the best concert I've ever been to. As incredible as it was Saturday night it still didn't come close to that gig.

Really liked that he played an S Carey song too. Thought that was a lovely touch.

LWS likes this.
  13. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Bon Iver is definitely one of those bucket list bands to see live. Probably the top on my list right now.

LWS likes this.
  14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I don't know where you live, but you should definitely come to Wisconsin in August to see them!

15. travisred

Trusted Supporter

Could not be any further away. I'm from Texas!

16. muttley

"Fuck you, Peaches!" Prestigious

BIBI is one of those albums that really has memories woven into it. Such a cool feeling to listen to it.

17. Checkered

Regular

LWS likes this.
  18. So happy they recorded Creature Fear. Probably my favourite song of the night. It was incredible.

19. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This video of Heavenly Father, holy shit

20. thebloodhound

Regular

Heavenly Father was easily one of my favourites, it's so good to relive it!

21. junkmanserenade

Where are your friends tonight?

At first I was bummed that Heavenly Father was acapella, just because I love the music of that song.

Turned it on. Not bummed anymore. Wow.

22. dallasc

Trusted

LWS, ChiliTacos and JM95 like this.
  23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Yeah baby

24. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

dooooope

25. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

hell yeah, so happy that i'm going to this.