Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bon Iver Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Ben, Mar 10, 2016.

1. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Bon Iver is an American indie folk band founded in 2007 by singer-songwriter Justin Vernon. Vernon released Bon Iver's debut album, For Emma, Forever Ago independently in July 2007. The majority of that album was recorded while Vernon spent three months in a cabin in northwestern Wisconsin. Bon Iver won the 2012 Grammy Award for Best New Artist and Best Alternative Music Album for their album Bon Iver, Bon Iver.

2. come back bonnie bear

3. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

4. Meerkat

human junk drawer Prestigious

Saw him after the release of BI, BI and it was easily one of the best live shows I've ever been to. He put together an amazing band

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Ahhh that's awesome. I'm seeing them at Eaux Claires this year, it'll be my first time, and I couldn't be more excited.

Had a dream that I saw Bon Iver open for Kanye at a show in Alaska. It was amazing.

6. Meerkat

I'm not sure what the current band looks like, but I know he had two drummers when I saw him. One of which was Sean Carey. Who, in my opinion, is highly underrated as both a drummer and a songwriter/singer.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  7. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

I'm a fan of Sean Carey, and honestly I didn't know he was a drummer. Two drummers sounds rad.

8. As a fan of Sean Carey's pop punk band back in 2005 or so, it's crazy to see how far he's come in such different genres.

9. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

what band was that?

10. Small Towns Burn a Little Slower. I realized the connection when I was putting their credits info into Discogs a couple years ago.

11. Meerkat

@ChiliTacos Yup! I'm not sure if he played on For Emma, but he played on BI, BI.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  12. Meerkat

Relevant:

[​IMG]

13. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Justin wrote a song for the new Mavis Staples album called "Dedicated" and it is magical

14. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Oooooo gotta hear that.

15. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

16. phaynes1

Regular

WI stand up

17. ImAMetaphor

absence 8/20/21 Prestigious

I am Justin Vernon

18. isavedlatin

I'll show you the life of the mind Prestigious

Saw bonny bear last month here and they were spot-on. Too bad that the crowd here was uptight and were sitting all the way through. Great show nonetheless and the harmonization with The Staves on the songs from FE,FE were exceptional.

ChiliTacos likes this.
  19. Peachfuzz

I'll be with you the whole way.

Saw them twice: once in 2011 with my ex, once in 2012 on my own, empty seat right next to me cause we were over.
    I had bought us tickets for the show in Paris (12), since we loved it so much in Berlin (11).
    Probably the two most intense gigs of my life, for totally opposite reasons.

Just discovered the song from Bryce Dessner & Sō Percussion featuring Justin and Sean. Cool one.

20. Horrorca

Trusted

love him/them - first record is amazing, second is even better

I'm sure there will be a new Bon Iver album this year, can't wait

21. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

For whatever reason I never really explored Bon Iver's music outside of For Emma til now... Bon Iver, Bon Iver is breathtaking. Really cool to see how he grew sonically.

Cameron likes this.
  22. beachdude

Also Woods > Lost in the World, although both are great.

23. Horrorca

Trusted

check out Volcano Choir's Still

beachdude42 likes this.
  24. beachdude

It's good, thanks! Personally I prefer Bon Iver's version just because the vocals are so great a cappella, but that's just me.

25. zmtr

Trusted

Go look up "Bon Iver - Woods live in Seoul"

beachdude42 likes this.