Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bon Iver Cancels Mexican Festival

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

Raku likes this.
  2. Larry David

I'll see you again in 25 years Prestigious

The track record on these. oof.

Raku likes this.
  3. indigopigment

Can always count on this website for day late news

Raku likes this.
  4. tyramail

Trusted Supporter

Can always count on this website for unnecessary comments that have no point.

On topic however, this seems to be a recurring issue, yikes.

5. aniafc

Trusted

My guess is these are getting canceled because no one is willing to buy them after the shit show that was Fyre Festival. Artists keep trying, and people keep not wanting to take the chance.

Raku likes this.
  6. If you want news posted the moment it happens, especially over the weekend, you're on the way wrong website. I post news and things I find relevant and interesting on a very specific schedule.

7. mattfreaksmeout

Trusted Supporter

I wonder why concert cruises seem to do alright (Parahoy, Weezer, Warped At Sea), but the destination ones don't seem to work out.

Raku likes this.
  8. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Is there a reason you're the only one who posts news on this site vs a whole team posting on AP? I'd imagine it'd be beneficial to the sites growth if there were regular/timely news updates.

I don't know, I just use the forums here.

Raku likes this.
  9. Craig Manning

@FurtherFromSky Moderator

10. A Hello, A Goodbye • chorus.fm
    think one of my other frustrations with AP.net over the past few years is the feeling that we got spread too thin. That there was almost too much being served up, all the time, and that led to a dilution of quality. That was totally my fault. I’ve got a big bone to pick with so many major publications these days. They spit out content, so much content, because they feel like they have to always be publishing. It leads to shitty Twitter “response” round-ups. It leads to “goth hamburger” posts. It leads to trying to jump onto any #hashtag trend you can to drive just a few extra page views to the website. I think it sucks. I want people to want to visit Chorus.fm every single day because they get a lot of value out of reading it. I don’t want them to be tricked into some click-bait headline and then never view the site again. That sucks. And to get there, it’s important to me that I start by making sure I can 100% approve of and support what’s on the website.

Basically: I don't wanna be a "big" website, I wanna be the website I like to run, want to run, enjoy running, with only content I think is worth sharing and formatted in my specific way to keep everything organized and tidy. I want people to visit the homepage daily and be able to find out everything worth knowing about on roughly one page of news and I want virtually every post to be worthy of its spot.

Derek Wright and coleslawed like this.
  11. KyleK

Let's get these people moving faster! Supporter

Interesting how quick this was cancelled. Can't help but wonder what pace of uptake they are expecting or hoping for to know it's on track to be profitable/feasible.

Raku likes this.
  12. Jared Luttrell

Regular

What, you mean you don't wanna post about "Which scene song from 2007 best represents you?"
    Jokes aside, much more content worth reading here than AP.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. It's sad this is like 1/2 the content coming out on some music publications.

The other half is "OMG we're freaking out so much!!!!"

I just ... can't.

Jared Luttrell likes this.