Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bon Iver - 22, A Million (September 30, 2016) Album • Page 99

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 9, 2016.

1. zmtr

Trusted

it's up on Spotify.

This seems to be a remix by Mike Will Made It. Whenever "Come Through" comes out (if it ever does) I feel like it's gotta be longer. On wiki it has a run time of almost 4 minutes. It's less than 2 on the soundtrack which makes sense since the "walk out" part is probably pretty short.

2. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

meh. it's ok

zmtr likes this.
  3. mesi

Regular

Got my tickets for the show in Luxembourg next June. Super excited, last saw him in 2012.

zmtr likes this.
  4. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

I listened through a bit of the soundtrack this morning, it seems the whole thing is basically one big Mike Will Made it musicscape with different artists being brought in for each track, a lot of them don't even feel like "songs." There's some cool stuff on it, but this is definitely Bon Iver letting Mike Will Made It use part of their track for his soundtrack

5. scottlechowicz

Trusted Supporter

For whatever reason, i missed this when it was released. But discussion in the 1975 reminded me of its existence.

It’s really good! Bummer that I’ve deprived myself of it for like 2 years.

Cameron and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

It's getting pooped on in that thread hahaha.

I was gonna check out the 1975 album but I'll just listen to this tonight instead

7. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Haha no! Sorry for the bad taste. You should try it. Hate that it keeps getting compared to 22am, but people need that reference point for 2 songs I guess

And it’s really 1 poster. I, and a couple others, said it was one of the best of the decade and my post saying that got like 7 likes so

FrankieThe4th likes this.
  8. zmtr

Trusted

coleslawed and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  9. sawhney[rusted]2

Feat on new track on Benny Bianco’s album

Little throwaway I guess lol

irthesteve likes this.
  10. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

scottlechowicz likes this.
  11. zmtr

Trusted

What's wrong with summerfest? Honest question.

This is a pretty easy purchase for me. I've been wanting to explore Milwaukee in warm weather since FEFAX this February.

coleslawed likes this.
  12. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Summerfest is awesome. I'll be there

zmtr likes this.
  13. Argus

Of sugar and ice I am made

Every one of the times I've gone, the crowd has been awful. I've had beer spilled on me, and more people bumping into me without apologizing than I can count. That type of behavior is pretty typical at shows, I realize, but my trips to Summerfest have seen it amplified. I think part of that can be chalked up to the fact that many people aren't there for specific bands, but just to drink and see whatever bands are there. Some people may not mind that, but it's not for me. Not to mention that the visibility wasn't great at some of the stages, and I'm a person of medium height. I've not been in probably eight or nine years, so it's entirely possible that things have improved. That said, I quite like the prospect of seeing Bon Iver on the headline stage, as everyone there will have bought tickets for that show specifically.

zmtr likes this.
  14. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

I used to go to Summerfest every year when I lived in MKE. Good times.

Milwaukee is paradise in the summer.

15. zmtr

Trusted

My top 5 is all JV lololol

Attached Files:

coleslawed likes this.
  16. sawhney[rusted]2

Jim, coleslawed and zmtr like this.
  17. zmtr

Trusted

18. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Hell yeah. Where are you sitting?

I'm gonna hold off for now, taking my chances that it won't sell out/a deal will be available at some point next year. Definitely plan to be there one way or another.

19. zmtr

Trusted

Section 5, row F. I think that's pretty good? Seems to be the second "layer" of the seats. The first 3 sections were priiiiiiiiiicy

ChiliTacos likes this.
  20. contra11mundum

I hate spoilers. Supporter

Hey so I got tickets for Summerfest too! I used to live in MKE for a few years. Gonna use this as an excuse to visit some of my favorite friends and places, as well see my number 1 bucket list artist that I haven’t seen yet. Although I did see JV at the Pabst with Volcano Choir back in 2013 and it’s one of the best shows I’ve ever been to.

Fucking. Stoked.

zmtr and ChiliTacos like this.
  21. Justin Roux

Trusted Supporter

Seeing Bon Iver at The Gorge will always be a top 5 moment of all time for me. It was just unreal.

contra11mundum and Drewski like this.
  22. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

no eaux claires this year

23. MrAirplane

Trusted

He played a clip of a new song on a live video last night

zmtr likes this.
  24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Uhhhhh so Justin played a new song on instagram live last night. He went into a folder on his computer "bi lp4" and there were 11 tracks. Omgggggg

Red alert @zmtr

25. zmtr

Trusted

I'm bummed but it's certainly the right decision. Very sad it won't be in the woods anymore though.. My finances will certainly thank me this year.