Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bon Iver - 22, A Million (September 30, 2016) Album • Page 81

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by cwhit, Aug 9, 2016.

1. seimagery

instagram.com/thekissingglow/

Oh damn I think I've heard this cover once before, that was great. Obviously I'm eternally grateful for Bon Iver, but just curious what more DeYarmond Edison would sound like. Also, love that photo of him on the Satisfied Mind video haha.

2. zmtr

Trusted

Chris Thile covering deathbreast is helping me cheer up this morning

jpmalone4 likes this.
  3. Kennedy

loomasleep.bandcamp.com Prestigious

Less than 24 hours omg

4. 0rb

is this a dream? ✫・゜

What does this mean for tomorrow? I'm out of the loop sorry.

5. zmtr

Trusted

He's playing in Edmonton tonight where @Kennedy lives.

Kennedy likes this.
  6. zmtr

Trusted

I'm seeing them 6/3 and 6/5 and then hopefully some kind of set at Eaux Claires. Then MOPOP a few weeks after that.

Kennedy likes this.
  7. Kennedy

Holy shit people

coleslawed, zmtr and Mary V like this.
  8. Kennedy

They played the most insane version of Creature Fear tonight. The end part of it was wild, like legitimately one of the coolest things I’ve ever seen.

coleslawed and zmtr like this.
  9. zmtr

Trusted

Saw a video of _45_ bleeding perfectly into babys. Hope they pull that shit off this weekend too.

Kennedy likes this.
  10. Kennedy May 29, 2018
    (Last edited: May 29, 2018)
    Kennedy

Some of the transitions were insane.

Basically I already thought Bon Iver were like one of the best and most special bands of our generation, but seeing them live just takes it to a whole new level. You realize music doesn’t have limits. You can take it anywhere. Also watching them play, it just made me wish that everyone could see them because I honestly think seeing them live would convert iterally anyone.

zmtr likes this.
  11. zmtr

Trusted

Glad you finally got to see it. So excited to see the 22AM songs live again.

The For Emma show was great of course but I was with friends who consider 22AM his best and they didn't get to see any of those songs live. That changes in a few days!!

Kennedy likes this.
  12. imthegrimace

the poster formally known as thesheriff Supporter

I want to see them live so bad

coleslawed likes this.
  13. Kennedy

You would be the guy to ask because of how many times youve seen them... But seeing them live at this stage of the band made me realize that the 22AM era of this band is 100% the creative peak thus far of all of this. Like watching them "22 A Million-ify" old Bon Iver songs, it is just incredible. Shit i want to see them again. This is a band / show ill tell my kids about seeing. im just sitting here at work listening to 8 Circle now and i could cry. I just dont even really know what to say about this band right now. There are a lot of bands, and a lot of amazing bands. But there is literally 0 band that is doing even anything remotely like what this band is doing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Mary V, 715creeks and imthesheriff like this.
  14. Kennedy

Here was the setlist btw:

Perth
    Creeks
    Towers
    Strafford
    33 God
    Calgary
    Beach Baby
    Death Breast

Minnesota
    Heavenly Father
    Blindsided
    Creature Fear
    Babys
    8 Circle
    Over Soon
    Skinny Love

Holocene

coleslawed, Mary V and Larry David like this.
  15. zmtr

Trusted

I'm always like hyper-emotional for a full week after I see them. And I know what you mean about "22 A Million-ifying" songs. The newer version of Minnesota, WI is nuts.

He switches up melody/tone on such a frequent basis that I don't think I've seen the same version of any song twice.

This is a great list. I can feel the bass during Death Breast just from thinking about it. That shit is insane live.

16. zmtr

Trusted

Perth is still the best intro for anything ever.

715creeks likes this.
  17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i should really spend more time with this record

18. Kennedy

Death Breast was one of the best things i have ever seen in my life. They couldve played it 20 times and i wouldnt have been sad.

The only thing i was really hoping for was either Wolves or Beth/Rest and i didnt get either, but really... you dont walk away from this band feeling like you got the short end of any stick haha. All it means is ill see them again no matter what.

zmtr likes this.
  19. Kennedy

my buddy @715creeks met justin after the show who i think you know from corners of the interwebs @zmtr

715creeks likes this.
  20. zmtr

Trusted

You guys know each other IRL? That's awesome. I knew he was going too so the first thing I did when I woke up was checked his instagram haha.

He posted the story about meeting him on reddit. Saw it this morning. Endlessly jealous. He also confirmed that Justin is dating Millie from The Staves and that is so great.

It all but confirms some of the lyrics from "89". Probably a big reason it hasn't been played since. It's obviously extremely personal.

Kennedy likes this.
  21. Kennedy

He is literally one of my best friends haha.

715creeks and zmtr like this.
  22. zmtr

Trusted

Kennedy and seimagery like this.
  23. zmtr

Trusted

hell yeah got a new avatar

24. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

i'm not yelling, i'm a bon iver girl - that's how we talk.

zmtr likes this.
  25. zmtr

Trusted

how do they know my girlfriend?!?! har har har

ChiliTacos likes this.