Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bon Iver – “29 #Strafford APTS” Video

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Oct 3, 2016.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. bertbro

Probably my least favorite song on the album. Feels very out of place and the instrumentals are so quiet in the mix.

3. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

Whole album is blah; nowhere near as good as BI, BI

4. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

Have we figured out if there is any rhyme or reason to the coding of the titles of these songs? Just curious.

5. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

Definitely one of the best on the album.

Matt Chylak likes this.
  6. Ska Senanake

Trusted

I understand why this album will turn some people off but I think it's utterly fantastic and it shouldn't seem too shocking to those that have tuned into some of his other projects / collaborations. I definitely recommend giving this album a second chance if the first listen didnt amaze you.

Johnny Bananas and JM95 like this.
  7. Johnny Bananas

Peace & Love

This track is easily my favourite off the album. To me, this is perfect. Fantastic mixture of old and new. Totally in love with each track.

8. heymynameisjoe Oct 3, 2016
    (Last edited: Oct 4, 2016)
    heymynameisjoe

when the days have no numbers Prestigious

one of my favorites on the album. also, these lyric videos are dope.

9. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

I've said it before, but these lyric videos and the accompanying visuals in general are stunning.

10. Ferrari333SP

Prestigious Supporter

I find these videos ugly to look at, tbh

11. Bartek T.

D'oh! Prestigious

Need to check it out, the song is amazing and there's some weird production choices that make it stand out actually.

12. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

these are my favorite lyric videos I've seen.

heymynameisjoe likes this.
  13. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

My interpretation of the track names on 22, A Million • /r/boniver
    1. "22 (OVER S∞∞N)" Justin is supposedly represented by "22", but in the newspaper got yesterday on the page for 33 "GOD" it said "Psalm" and "why are you so far from saving me", which is a verse from Psalm 22. (Same Psalm with "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?") I'm not sure about "Over Soon" though.

2. "10 d E A T h b R E a s T ⚄ ⚄" "10" is "2" in binary, I don't know much else other than that.

3. "715 - CRΣΣKS" 715 is the area code up here in Northwest Wisconsin. "Creeks" could be a reference to Fall Creek, a town about 20 miles south east of Eau Claire.

4. "33 “GOD”" Honestly no idea on this one; it could have something to do with the Holy Trinity I guess?

5. "29 #Strafford APTS" I have no idea on this one either. Strafford isn't even remotely familiar to me, unless he means Stratford, a town by Wausau about 90 minutes east.

6. "666 ʇ" Pretty straightforward here; also it's track 6.

7. "21 M♢♢N WATER" Water St. is the big drinking area here (hence "21"), just south of a lot of college students' homes, as well as just south of Halfmoon Lake. (These are all in West Eau Claire.)

8. "8 (circle)" 8 for track 8? I don't know what "circle" means unless he's talking about the circles in the number 8.

9. "____45_____" There are four underscores on the left side and five on the right, so they parallel the numbers. 4+5=9 for track 9?

10. "00000 Million" Read "A Million". When numbered on the track listing, it reads "10. 00000", or a 1 followed by six 0s: 1,000,000 (a million).
    "22, A Million" "(Track 1, Track 10)"

Serenity Now likes this.
  14. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

"29" is a highway in wisconsin, it's what i take to get to eau claire or minneapolis from where i live. maybe the apartments he's referring to are right off highway 29.

coleslawed likes this.
  15. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

read another theory that 29 was his age when he lived in the strafford apts.

16. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

ChiliTacos likes this.
  17. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

that would make sense too

18. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

:clap: