Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bon Appetit

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by mescalineeyes, Dec 6, 2019.

1. mescalineeyes

I wanna dance to me Prestigious

I feel like we needed a thread for the test kitchen crew.

test-kitchen-staff-ott.jpg

who else would die for Claire from the Bon Appetit test kitchen?

2. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

brad is my king

3. mescalineeyes

Finally Someone LOL

phaynes12 likes this.
  4. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

You are my people...love this group, everything Brad does is gold, the Matty collab, all of it. Would give anything for this to be my career.

mescalineeyes likes this.
  5. mescalineeyes

I am going to go looking for a more longform Molly video today, I feel like she explains stuff real well.

6. phaynes12

brad was on hot ones a few weeks back too, had great rapport with sean

7. mescalineeyes

word!

8. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

I love the BA test kitchen videos. My girlfriend got me into them a few months and there has been no looking back.

Also, Ezra from Vampire Weekend may or may not be doing Back to Back Chef with Carla. Cannot confirm but she posted a picture with him from the test kitchen today.

9. mescalineeyes

I hope Ezra can at least cut bread

morgantayler and phaynes12 like this.
  10. I'm obsessed with this crew, and wish I could enjoy making food with people as much as they tend to do there

tomdelonge and mescalineeyes like this.
  11. mescalineeyes

I am about to make another batch of Molly's cheesecake recipe haha, just gotta go buy some heavy cream

Petit nain des Îles likes this.
  12. mescalineeyes

I fucked it up SO HARD LOL

Ken, coleslawed, phaynes12 and 2 others like this.
  13. DickyCullz

I create content for some of your favorite artists

Brad is my spirit animal. I love Claire, though I find Gourmet Makes getting repetitive. Delaney is everyone's nemesis. I loved his eat things in 24hours show, shame they don't do that anymore. Eat the menu isn't quite as good.

14. DickyCullz

And Amiel's everyday to cook series is fun

15. mescalineeyes

I totally get that people would think Gourmet Makes is repetitive, but it's more of a I put it in to feel good show, not something I actually pay attention to. Like a glorified Netflix Fireplace lol

coleslawed, Joe4th and I Am Mick like this.
  16. DickyCullz

Maybe repetitive isnt right but I have felt recently they’re extending these episodes out rather than make snappy 15min edits

17. mescalineeyes

I feel like it depends on how Claire is doing with a particular recipe. I didn't feel any artificial elongation.

18. DickyCullz

Brad and Matty going noodling is the best thing they've done

morgantayler likes this.
  19. DickyCullz

also Krieger, Jacobson salt, the grill guy. The artisans who play off with Brad make those episodes so much more enjoyable

Who's better than us Vin?

20. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

The Ringer put Gourmet Makes on their top 10 TV shows of the year and honestly, they aren’t wrong.

waking season and mescalineeyes like this.
  21. EddieDS

Regular Supporter

gourmet makes is definitely entertaining, but god can it be frustrating. i don't understand why Claire frequently makes one batch at a time instead of multiple variations. every episode she'll change like 3 variables and have it go wrong. sometimes i wonder if it's intentional to get those meltdown reactions

22. phaynes12

repetition is fine when you're repeating 10/10 gold content, run it back fam

23. ReginaPhilange

Trusted Prestigious

I started watching pretty regularly this year, i love it. this and binging with babish are my two favorite cooking channels on youtube.

waking season likes this.
  24. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

It’s not like Gourmet Makes is the only thing she does. She probably doesn’t have time to break it down to changing one variable at a time. Half the time there is a like a week or so inbetween the the 2 and 3rd “day” for a given episode.

Plus people have already gotten onto them about whether or not they are wasting food so if she did an individual batch for each change, they’d get even more backlash.

EddieDS likes this.
  25. morgantayler

Human Typo Prestigious

Also flying Molly and Carla to Italy only for them to get day drunk and eat mozzarella for the perfect pizza series was one of the best things they’ve done.