Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bojack Horseman (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Deathco_019

Drummer

Holy fuck, reading the news scroll in episode 6. This show is incredibly too relevant.

"Obama declares country simply must see Hamilton"

"Person writing news ticker headlines wasting life, sources say"

"Polar ices caps so hot right now"

"U.S. celebrates three days without mass shooting- this just in: nevermind"

2. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Man, this show does bummer endings so fucking well.

3. stuckinvhs

Social Justice Wizard Prestigious

didn't have as strong of and ending as the last two but other than that this was the best season yet.

4. Just watched six episodes -- don't know if I have it in me to watch any more at this moment but fuck this season is awesome so far. Probably gonna finish this up tomorrow, or at least by Sunday.

5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Just finished my rewatch of S2 today lol

I'll probably start this on Monday

6. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

Finished the season and I still think the ending was quite a bummer. Episode 11 was a major bummer though, especially the ending when BoJack says Sarah Lynn's name, even when it fades to black.

7. The 2007 episode was great.

ChaseTx likes this.
  8. wade

*DX CHOP*

Ugh this show kills me

9. The Nazi who played yahtzee

10. alex

notgonz Prestigious

The underwater episode was like something Adventure Time would do

Joe likes this.
  11. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This show just reminds me of how much I miss Keith Olberman.

12. You're a conversational Magellan
    He's a conversational Amelia Earnhardt

ramomcferno and DeviantRogue like this.
  13. best season yet

14. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Stops seahorse babies from crying. Take it from me, a childless dog.

ChaseTx and iCarly Rae Jepsen like this.
  15. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Fish Out of Water, holy hell what an accomplishment. Wow.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  16. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Watched the first six episodes. E4 was a masterpiece, beautiful, hilarious, and somehow emotional too. I could see myself falling asleep to it lol

17. Morrissey

Trusted

For those of you that have finished it, one of my minor disappointments with the season is that we did not get to see enough of Bojack dealing with the severity of what he did in the 11th episode. Perhaps it will be a bigger part of next season, though.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

after the Lost In Translation homage in ep 4 I really want to see Todd accidentally start a Bling Ring in a future episode

apparently that kind of happened in The Telescope but I was thinking more Todd shows up at Paris Hilton's house and somehow winds up stealing all her stuff without realizing it

19. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I got about 6 episodes in and it's just as top notch as always. Fish Out of Water was a highlight for its aesthetic and playing with structure/style, Adventure Time is the only other animated show I can think of that would play with its conventions and narrative to that extent (I'm sure there are others). The abortion episode was super great, diving headfirst into legitimate issues being commodified by mainstream celebrity and entertainment and potentially cheapened, but also in their own way providing some form of value. Really great stuff so far.

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

just finished this season, god damn this show hurts sometimes. Episode 4, 11, 12 are highlights for me. Also how is no one talking about the absolutely brilliant build toward that one joke in the finale that I don't want to say without spoilers but I conveniently forgot how to spoil.

cherrywaves likes this.
  21. Morrissey

Trusted

The show has such a great way of acknowledging how preposterous and stupid those kinds of jokes are, only to continue it anyway. I did not see that coming back at all.

trevorshmevor likes this.
  22. Finished earlier today, I thought the front half of the season was a lot stronger than the back half, but still enjoyed it all.

I uh... feel like I missed something though? In one of the last episodes, when someone tries to call Bojack at the agency, but PC turns the call away, was that Penny? Cause it looked like a horse and I don't feel like I remember another horse being around previously.

23. Morrissey

Trusted

It was definitely not Penny. It seems like a suggestion that he has a child.

24. DeathOrGlory

Just a friendly reminder

That's what I thought too. The idea Bojack as a paternal figure is something that the show has always played with so Bojack the Real Life Father would be an incredible way for Season 4 to go.

25. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

That was definitely a tease for next season with BoJack having a surprise kid. Kinda like they teased the Jill Pill thing last season that just kinda fizzled out.