Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bojack Horseman (Netflix) TV Show • Page 43

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 5, 2016.

1. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Rewatched the opener of season 5 for the umpteenth last night and it's so endlessly quotable.

“Philbert waxes?” “Not for cosmetic purposes. He just wants to FEEL something”

Maybevictor, trevorshmevor and mad like this.
  2. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Bojack the Feminist is one of the most depressingly real episodes
    The last scene with Ana playing the recording of Bojack talking about Penny for Diane is suuuch a gut punch

3. soggytime

Trusted

"The View From Halfway Down" was just nominated for Outstanding Animated Program at the 2020 Emmys

4. I feel like we should ask the board if they are OK

5. MexicanGuitars

My god they better fucking win over the Simpsons this year for crying out loud

soggytime likes this.
  6. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

wait but Will Arnett didn't get a nom? ugh

CarpetElf likes this.
  7. TEGCRocco Aug 5, 2020
    (Last edited: Aug 5, 2020)
    TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Man, I've been rewatching this over the past little while and I HATE how much of myself I still see in Bojack and I can't tell if the writers of the show just nailed what most people hate in themselves or if I'm just an awful person but nothing has made me want to better myself than the last two episodes. That rooftop conservation with Diane is devastating no matter how many times I watch it.

"I wish I could've been the person you thought I was... the person who would save you"

"That was never your job"

"Then why did you always make me feel like it was"

Fucking hell maybe I'll always be the Bojack to someone's Diane but that will never not hit me where it hurts most

8. MexicanGuitars

mad likes this.
  9. Aj LaGambina

Hey man, we all can't be like you Supporter

Especially now with a firm ending: this show wrecks me every time. Some of the most uplifting moments of television are there: but there's so many times where I sit back and go "Shit. I'm BoJack aren't I?"

mad likes this.
  10. Morrissey

Trusted

It is the best show of the last few years. They managed to grow so much in those six seasons.

MexicanGuitars likes this.
  11. Morrissey

Trusted

This is a show that could have easily been canceled on traditional television. Those first few episodes are still rough and really do not indicate how good it would get.

soggytime and chewbacca110 like this.
  12. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The View From Halfway Down is actually the most haunting episode of a TV show that I've ever seen, something I never thought I would say about an animated comedy

TEGCRocco and incognitojones like this.
  13. soggytime

Trusted

Honestly, this is now a show that might not last on current Netflix. It got lucky by being one of the earliest shows the service produced - and the first adult animated comedy. Netflix used to guarantee all their original programs got a second season, but it seems like they have become a little more willing to cancel things left and right. (Most likely due to the amount of content they produce - if one show fails they have 5 more in the pipeline to replace it).

If Bojack premiered on let's say, 2018 Netflix rather than 2014 Netflix, I bet the show would have ended at season 3. Getting to season 6 was a blessing.

14. Philll

Trusted

Finally, finally got round to finishing this last night. What a show. Still processing my thoughts but I think they did a phenomenal job of providing enough closure while avoiding any unearned happy endings. The scene with Bojack and Todd on the beach was so sweet and so perfect.

And yes, the poem from Halfway Down has been haunting me since I watched it. The door creeping up on Butterscotch and his rising levels of terror was incredibly affecting. I know its been said many times, but Arnett just knocked it out of the park on this show.

15. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

It makes me sad when I think about how we will never get anymore of this show :- (

Contender likes this.
  16. Morrissey

Trusted

Better to end on a high note than to stretch it out indefinitely.

17. angel paste

grey hairs, get out of me zoots! Prestigious

The last season should of been two seasons imo it was amazing but it did feel a little rushed

18. Pseudo!

Regular

Having rewatched the entire series more times than is likely healthy, I feel the entire series is as close to perfect as a show can be.

Endlessly rewatchable, the jokes haven't aged a day, the insights still feel incredibly timely, and the heartbreaks still feel like "the first time".

The weakest episode of the series is the first episode, and it only got better every season until it reached a thematically perfect ending. I can't say enough good things about this wonderful show

19. Furry Werthers

Trusted

For me, the penultimate episode is where it culminates, and I kinda wish that was the finale - it just thematically lines up with so much that the show has hinted at, but I also get tying up the loose ends in the final episode and giving a sense of closure, which also thematically ties into BJ's mom's funeral episode - the idea that as soon as people get happy endings, the show is over.

ramomcferno likes this.
  20. MexicanGuitars

Fuck i'm going to have to rewatch this again aren't I

Furry Werthers likes this.
  21. Furry Werthers

Trusted

I play it pretty often in the background when I'm doing classwork for idle noise, and it's insane how many new gags and jokes I catch every time.

22. spookymulder

iambirthdaydad.bandcamp.com

I think it was planned that way, S7 was the planned final season but Netflix said hey maybe you stop at 6

23. Philll

Trusted

24. Philll

Trusted

25. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

Birthday Dad!

Philll likes this.