Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bojack Horseman (Netflix) TV Show • Page 34

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 5, 2016.

1. casserole

damn can’t wait to cry too much

2. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

I'm actively happy that it's the final season as much as I love this show

3. casserole

why’s that?

4. Morrissey

Trusted

You can't go on forever. The core cast of characters have already started to drift apart (especially Todd), and you get to a point where you have to keep upping the stakes. It is better to go out leaving the audience wanting more.

tdlyon likes this.
  5. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Basically summed it up lol

casserole likes this.
  6. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

There’s always more show, until there isn’t.

casserole likes this.
  7. mad

I was right. Prestigious

on season three of my rewatch and even the first mention of spaghetti strainers has me laughing my ass off cuz I know what’s coming

joe.boy.fresh. and zigbigwig like this.
  8. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

9. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Time’s Arrow is probably one of my favourite episodes of anything ever

Rowan5215 likes this.
  10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

agreed and it's somehow still not my favourite episode of the show (Old Sugarman Place takes that cake)

Kate Purdy is the best writer in the business rn

11. xapplexpiex

sup? Supporter

I need to rewatch this soon. It’s depressing af, but for me, the comedy is so good that it doesn’t bum me out too much

12. MexicanGuitars

Chorus’ Expert on OTIP Track #8 Supporter

Have they still not released the guest cast for this season?

13. mad

I was right. Prestigious

I rewatch this show a lot because "hilarious yet devastating" is my favourite kind of show

14. RyanRyan

Then you’d love After Life. It’s a show from Ricky Gervais about life after his wife dies of cancer. It’s fucking hilarious and absolutely gut-wrenching at times. Watched it with my dad and we didn’t know whether to laugh or cry. Spoiler - did both. A lot.

riotspray and mad like this.
  15. Morrissey

Trusted

As much as people talk about Rick and Morty being a show for smart people, this one feels like it is much more clever and with more going on beneath the surface.

16. RyanRyan

Cannot gel with Rick and Morty at all. The one episode I watched was funny, but I just felt zero drive to watch any more of it. I don’t understand the almost cultish fanbase it has!

Though a lot of people argue the same of Big Mouth, which I think is brilliant. And is now actually becoming quite depressing...

17. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

I thought people only talked about Rick and Morty being for smart people ironically

jordalsh likes this.
  18. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Rick and Morty is a great show, nothing ironic about it

alina likes this.
  19. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

Yeah it’s good, but that whole “you must have a high IQ to enjoy it” thing was just a meme. I don’t think anybody’s actually arguing it’s a show for smart people.

incognitojones likes this.
  20. Morrissey

Trusted

People make that joke when they are referring to people who act like you need a PhD to understand it. It is still a clever show, though, but Bojack deserves a lot of credit in the same area.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

What's great is how this and The Good Place can be so brilliant and so dumb in the same episode

ECV, mad and waking season like this.
  22. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

people say the same shit about Bojack, or Community, or Arrested Development. These days "you have to have a high IQ" really just means "you should pay attention to the details of this show because there are quick lines and references"

Contender likes this.
  23. RyanRyan

A scene I always remember from Bojack is at the end of one episode, Bojack is stood with somebody else on a movie set and they say something like, ‘hey, can’t be that bad - look at that view!’ - an it pans to a mural of a sunset. I just remember being like oh damn.

24. Morrissey

Trusted

It can have a character reference Sartre and make an entire bit about people falling in a hole in front of a Halloween store.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  25. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

I watched a bit and it was just the one character ending all his sentences with “...Morty” a lot.