Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bojack Horseman (Netflix) TV Show • Page 26

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

...I mean, yeah? you don't think him nearly strangling a woman to death is kind of too far, narratively?

2. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

On the same level as New Mexico

3. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

But deliberately driving his car in to an intersection was fine?
    New Mexico?
    Sarah Lynn?

4. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

Todd was just killing it in this episode.

5. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, it's too far. BoJack has gone too far almost every season at least once, and he wasn't supposed to seem sympathetic there. That was the whole point of Diane calling him out at the premiere after he said "We're all fucked up, so it's ok". There will definitely be people who continue to justify his actions, but BoJack hasn't really been the "good guy" of the show since New Mexico.

incognitojones likes this.
  6. incognitojones

Some Freak Supporter

We’re not supposed to like him, or other people like him, they’re pouting out a huge cultural issue where people continue to defend terrible actions because they view them in light of a person they connect and sympathize with.

It’s a toxic thought process we’re all guilty of..

7. kbeef2

Trusted Supporter

The entire season was about how uneasy the people who make the show are about the audience sympathizing with Bojack

CarpetElf and incognitojones like this.
  8. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

This show has a really unique and interesting ability to REALLY ramp it up in the last 2-3 episodes of each season. Without fail, the season always ends with 2-3 HOLY SHIT episodes that really get to you

9. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

for some reason i laughed really hard when bojack was trying to put all the pieces together and says "what do all these things have in common?" while drawing a line to the picture of Common

10. zigbigwig

I Miss Jake W Prestigious

I feel bad for laughing at Mr Chocolate Hazelnut Spread in tears in the dressing room.

And when he goes on that rant about how alone his dad must be. It’s so funny and sad at the same time. You really just want to hug him.

11. Rob Hughes

Play the Yakuza series

The robot had the best lines this season

"I LOVE IT WHEN YOU CALL ME FATHER"

Also this line came out of nowhere:

"You ever try one of those '95 zins? Good year for Zinfandels. Bad year for Oklahoma federal buildings."

mad and popdisaster00 like this.
  12. Just finished the season. What a solid ending.

13. irthesteve

I admit that I got a bit of... themed episode fatigue halfway through the season, this one seemed like more than usual. It was tough to progress the plot til later in the season because of it, I tend to love the show more when there are less episode-long gimmicks.

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. I also felt that but I do think that it was intentional, like the themes served to develop Bojack's increasing detachment from reality

ECV and Aaron Mook like this.
  15. It’s premiering tonight on Comedy Central...? I had no idea.

16. Reruns, I assume? Starting with S1?

17. irthesteve

That's correct, Comedy Central acquired the broadcast rights for syndication.

kyle likes this.
  18. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Weren't there only 3 "gimmick episodes"? The monologue episode, the therapist episode, and the usual trippy episode 11?

19. irthesteve

Halloween episode for sure, plus I would count Diane's trip.

By no means are any of these bad episodes, most are GREAT episodes, but for the overall flow of the season it takes me out of the actual plot

Aaron Mook likes this.
  20. TEGCRocco

Assume It's A Bit

Yeah, definitely forgot about the Halloween episode. I guess it's all up to personal taste. I thought they added a lot to the season as far as creativity went and didn't mess with the flow or pacing at all.

21. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

how old are Princess Carolyn and Mr Peanutbutter that she was an intern and he was married in 1993, and PB is dating someone who was born a year he was married to Katrina yikes, I know Bojack is 54 from Free Churro, I have a hard time getting a sense of how old anyone is on this show; I think Todd is mid 20s and Diane is mid 30s I guess
    looking for the owner of a blue Tesla people say buying used is actually better for the environment but hey you tried
    this is from ten minutes with Tim Allen
    I get that there's a smoke monster but other than that it's Gilligan's Island
    am I written by Albert Hammond and Diane Warren and originally recorded by Tina Turner and popularized by Ace Of Base because Don't Turn Around
    I get that they're in a glee club but why are they singing when they're not in the glee club it doesn't seem realistic
    I'll be on you like Urkel on Laura, will I do that

riotspray and joe.boy.fresh. like this.
  22. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

Finally started this last week, Vincent Adultman is the funniest thing in the world.

chewbacca110 and StevenW92 like this.
  23. waking season

Trusted Prestigious

“Listen, moussaka!” Princess Carolyn is the best

24. mad

I was right. Prestigious

Oh my god the cock crowing midnight in episode 3 made me ugly laugh

25. “AND IM THE COCK !”

chewbacca110 likes this.