Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bojack Horseman (Netflix) TV Show

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by AndrewSoup, Mar 5, 2016.

1. AndrewSoup

It's A Secret To Everyone Prestigious

BoJack Horseman is an American animated sitcom created by Raphael Bob-Waksberg. The series stars Will Arnett as the eponymous character, BoJack Horseman. The supporting cast includes Amy Sedaris, Alison Brie, Paul F. Tompkins, and Aaron Paul. The series' first season premiered on August 22, 2014, on Netflix, with a Christmas special premiering on December 19. The show is designed by the cartoonist Lisa Hanawalt, who had previously worked with Bob-Waksberg on the webcomic Tip Me Over, Pour Me Out.
    (from Wikipedia)

I am so eagerly anticipating season 3 of this show.

Chase Tremaine likes this.
  2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I love this show

3. AndrewSoup

it was deeply unsettling to identify so deeply with certain character traits of BoJack.

and the end of "Downer Ending" will never not ruin me emotionally. I get misty just thinking about BoJack's closing lines to Diane :verysad:

Aj LaGambina likes this.
  4. AndrewSoup

lmao, yeah! There was actually a Secretariat movie some years back. Tobey Macguire was in it.

ChaseTx likes this.
  5. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

so happy they stuck with the serious tone that evolved after the first half of the first season, it suits the show much better

AndrewSoup likes this.
  6. AndrewSoup

same. i loved seeing them explore BoJack's depression

7. ramomcferno

Mystery is the secret ingredient Prestigious

This show is the best. I love all of the subtle humor. There are also so many great sight gags. I love the underlying positive messages. The show is very dark but there is a lot of hope in there as well.

8. Deathco_019

Drummer

This show makes me feel things that very few other shows can. Very funny, very smart, very dark. Love it and the third season is probably my most anticipated in comedy television this year.

AndrewSoup likes this.
  9. AndrewSoup

based on the past two seasons, there's bound to always be one episode in particular that's like an emotional powerhouse punch to the fucking face and i'm wondering what it's gonna be this season.

10. Had no idea there was a Christmas special, not sure how I missed that haha

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ likes this.
  11. lati

formerly spaghettti Supporter

I love rewatching Bojack whenever I'm feeling down or self-loathing. Something just feels good about it

Deathco_019 likes this.
  12. Jim

Trusted Supporter

I just got into this a couple weeks ago. So good.

13. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

You all watched Flaked? Will Arnett good in that also. Similarly themed.

collin512 likes this.
  14. Olyphantastic

"See you in the car! Best wishes" -Milhouse Supporter

That was Seabiscuit. Secretariat has Diane Lane and John Malkovich in it. But Seabiscuit was also a real horse!

I love Bojack Horseman. Probably my favourite Netflix Original, it balances the comedy and pathos more perfectly than any show I've watched in a long time.

AndrewSoup and ramomcferno like this.
  15. scroopy.noopers

: (

still not sure who i relate to more, bojack or vincent adultman

AndrewSoup likes this.
  16. evilbutters

Newbie Prestigious

Incredible show. Season three can't come soon enough.

17. Tim

grateful all the fucking time Supporter

Is he a horse?

stuckinvhs and AndrewSoup like this.
  18. Paddy

// _ _ _ _ _ _ _ //

No but it's got the whole being a shitty person thing going on

AndrewSoup likes this.
  19. AndrewSoup

lmao, oh shit, i completely forgot that was "seabiscuit." forgot that was a thing.

20. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Every single Vincent Adultman joke absolutely slays me every single time. I have no clue why but I think it's the most hilarious part of the show!

Crit and trevorshmevor like this.
  21. AndrewSoup

i don't really like how they staged the last one at Princess Carolyn's apartment with Vincent changing in and out of the trenchcoat

22. omgrawr

That loneliness is not a function of solitude.

Vincent Adultman's mere presence is enough for me to audibly laugh every time. Love it.

23. 100% agreed

24. Malatesta

i may get better but we won't ever get well Prestigious

yeah it definitely took the joke too far imo

AndrewSoup and Wharf Rat like this.
  25. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

Flaked was not good, imo. It's pretty slow paced and never really goes anywhere until it's almost over. Also, very little laughs (unlike Bojack) and the feels do not hit the same was as Bojack at all.

If you want more Arnett, check out Arrested Development, The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, 30 Rock, Running Wilde (if you can find it) or even The Millers... unless you live/are from Venice, I don't think Flaked is gonna do much for you.