Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bohemian Rhapsody (Dexter Fletcher, November 2, 2018) Movie • Page 7

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 15, 2018.

1. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Oh my fucking god the editing hahahaha

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  2. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

This winning editing is Jethro Tull besting Metallica at the Grammys. Fucking unbelievable.

jkauf and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  3. RobJGolde Feb 25, 2019
    (Last edited: Mar 11, 2019)
    RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

I’ve got nothing against him as a musician or a person, but I just can’t get behind Adam Lambert fronting Queen. Something about his voice in the context of those songs just doesn’t do it for me at all.

slimfenix182, aoftbsten and jkauf like this.
  4. Henry

Moderator Moderator

5. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Haha

Do it

6. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Yes. I want people who love this dumb movie to then double down on a dreadful and unneeded sequel.

7. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

delete this movie

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  8. RobJGolde

Hard pass on a sequel unless they plan to do the story proper justice this time around, but even then I don’t think I’d see it. I highly doubt this will ever be a thing though.

Side-note: it sucks that both “The Miracle” and “Innuendo” aren’t “particularly celebrated” according to the article. Both of those albums are among Queen’s best, the latter possibly being my personal favorite. It’s amazing how much of a creative force Freddie continued to be up until a couple weeks before his death.

9. no no no no no no no

oh mama mia mama mia

10. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I want to be clear, outside of Singer's touch tainting it, I thought this was an enjoyable movie. Nothing groundbreaking but I enjoyed it.

However, I am INCREDIBLY interested in how they'll spin the final 5 years of a man dying of aids into another "fell good triumph."

Like, I am FULLY fucking invested in seeing how they warp this. It's almost like making a smash musical about a dude who owned and exploited disabled people

11. RobJGolde

I agree. Not only that, but the movie kinda fucked up what would be the emotional hook of a sequel- Freddie’s diagnosis in 1987.
    Basically, a sequel would be about Freddie going on Queen’s biggest tour and recording Barcelona, The Miracle and Innuendo all while dying of AIDS, then he dies and they end it with the tribute concert in 1992? I dunno. It just would not make any sense at all.

12. This movie made ~875m off a ~55m budget, which makes monetary sense to the studio.

sawhney[rusted]2 and RobJGolde like this.
  13. RobJGolde

Good point. If it becomes a real thing, I hope Rami doesn’t reprise his role. Don’t get me wrong, I thought he was great. But I want him to continue gaining momentum/notoriety as an actor and this sequel would derail it pretty hard.

I Am Mick likes this.
  14. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Especially considering it’s Disney and Queen - two entities that can’t say no to dump trucks full of money, quality be damned.

15. ship90

Trusted Supporter

X-(

johnnyferris and chewbacca110 like this.
  16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

Well Fox not Disney they're still separate companies

17. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

I think it would fall under the Disney umbrella by the time production would start.

iCarly Rae Jepsen likes this.
  18. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

I thought you meant the original and was confused

Zilla likes this.
  19. Dog with a Blog

This video is very good

slimfenix182 likes this.
  20. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

Went on a bing of this guys channel last night, good stuff with great insights

Dog with a Blog likes this.
  21. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This is on right now and holy shit it’s so bad

22. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

there were so many parts at the beginning of this that were absolutely groan-inducing. then later on in the movie when it starts getting a little better, something always happens every so often to eradicate all that goodwill. still baffled that this became a smash hit - want to see rocketman since it appears that was actually decent

23. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

Even just the trailers for this are abysmal. It looks like a bad SNL sketch.

24. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

[​IMG]

EASheartsVinyl likes this.
  25. The only thing this movie had going for it was the Live Aid performance. Especially the set design.

Also, Timmy from Jurassic Park is in this, which is crazy. Didn’t even realize it was him until after the movie.

Also, I thought the actor who played Freddie looked pretty bad. The dude who played Brian May was solid though.