Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bohemian Rhapsody (Dexter Fletcher, November 2, 2018) Movie • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 15, 2018.

1. You know this is what inspired that scene.

2. Ultimate cringe moment in this was at the hospital with the random patient saying "eh-oh" to Freddie.

3. I actually didn't hate that moment? Not nearly as much as others. Just a little over the top.

I want to watch that Live Aid scene again.

4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

The dude who played Brian May looked identical to Howard Stern in Private Parts

chewbacca110 and RobJGolde like this.
  5. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Oh fuck...I can’t unsee it now

tdlyon likes this.
  6. jjnunn118

Signal Vs. Noise Prestigious

Just let this film be a short film with Freddie apologizing to the band, and the live aid sequence. It’s amazing how good those scenes are in comparison to the rest of the movie

chewbacca110 likes this.
  7. What's good in the Live Aid scene that's not in the original performance?

BornToRun, ncarrab and OhTheWater like this.
  8. RobJGolde

They axed the Crazy Little Thing Called Love performance which is okay with me because in the original performance there was a ton of feedback towards the end of the song during Brian’s solo.

Why Bother? and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  9. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Yeah, it was fine but I don’t see a need for it existing

Why Bother? and ncarrab like this.
  10. Malek's musical performance was given an uninterrupted 20 minutes to shine, the technical effects were impressive, and it was easily the most enjoyable scene of the film imo

chewbacca110 likes this.
  11. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

Movie really nailed Live Aid, but I’m pretty shocked that I’m the only person in my circle of friends/co-workers that has a critical eye towards this movie. Everybody I know LOVES this movie and my brain wants to explode every time I hear it.

I can’t look at a lamp the same now after this movie without resisting the urge to say: “turn your lamp on, darling!”

12. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

SAME. Anytime someone brings it up to me and my girlfriend it's always "I loved it, Rami was amazing! HE didn't like it" *thumbs over to me*

I can't wait to not have to think about BR once the Oscars are over.

13. It's definitely a crowd-pleaser by design.

14. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

but wat if it winz

15. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

I mentioned this before, but in my theater people were clapping their hands and stomping their feet during the musical numbers

16. bedwettingcosmo

i like bands who can't sing good Supporter

Joe4th, EASheartsVinyl, Ken and 2 others like this.
  17. johnnyferris

Sic Parvis Magna Prestigious

This totally happens to me lmao I liked Rami’s performance fwiw.

It was frustrating to watch this in theaters with all of the timeline inaccuracies and cheeseball scenarios. But using his illness as the catalyst to bring the band back together was a big no for me.

sawhney[rusted]2 likes this.
  18. chewbacca110

It's get forgotten about over time, much like The English Patient, Out of Africa, The Artist etc.

19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Seinfeld made sure The English Patient will never be forgotten

20. EASheartsVinyl

Prestigious Prestigious

21. RobJGolde

I was just going back and forth with someone on Twitter about this movie, and she said if they wanted to nail all the nuances of the band’s story and of Freddie, then this probably would’ve been better off as an HBO miniseries. I gotta say that would’ve been pretty awesome because of how good HBO miniseries end up being. I wonder if that idea was ever suggested to the remaining members of Queen at any point.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  22. chewbacca110

I’m going to an Oscar party tonight and I feel like there is going to be a out of unnecessary fighting about this movie. Especially when and if Rami wins.

23. broken22

(:

I finally watched this last night, I was actually disappointed with it. I wish they would have let Sacha Baron Cohen use his ideas for this film.

24. TSLROCKS

Trusted Supporter

I surprisingly loved this. I know there are a number of issues with it but I just really enjoyed the story and the music was great

So many things were just flat out wrong but I was expecting it to be much worse since I was reading comments on here before watching

Absolutely should not have been nominated for best picture but I enjoyed this

I Am Mick and RobJGolde like this.
  25. RobJGolde

That’s where I’m at. It’s not nearly as shitty as people make it out to be, but it’s also not academy award worthy.