Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bohemian Rhapsody (Dexter Fletcher, November 2, 2018) Movie • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 15, 2018.

1. drewinseries

Drew

It was a perfectly fine biopic. Not great, not awful.

2. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Finally got around to seeing this last night...pretty much echo everyone else, Rami was great in it, movie was just OK. VERY cliche and the inaccuracies were somewhat bothersome...I found myself fact checking while watching because I was like 'this isn't right'

Zilla, RobJGolde and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  3. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

Pretty bold for Paul to dissent on something. He usually plays it pretty safe with more recent movies.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  4. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

This was... okay. Some parts I really loved as a Queen fan but definitely agree with the Walk Hard comparisons, they played a LOT of stuff they do in that movie completely straight. Rami was pretty great but I'm also pretty upset that he's probably gonna win best actor over Bradley Cooper.

Definitely glad I watched it but for recent music biopics I thought Straight Outta Compton was a lot better

RobJGolde likes this.
  5. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

Should probably put this here

aoftbsten likes this.
  6. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’m a half hour in. Is this a parody? This is so bad

7. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

This fucking sucks. Why is this nominated for best picture? Why are my students so infatuated with this? Will someone make a Green Day biopic like this in 15 years?

8. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

If they do, at least the headline will write itself:

“Dookie”

9. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

This was a better musical biopic

Zilla likes this.
  10. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

I’m somehow still watching this and it still fucking sucks. Mike Myers deserves better

11. Jake Gyllenhaal

He doesn’t exactly have the best track record

I Am Mick and OhTheWater like this.
  12. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Jake Gyllenhaal likes this.
  13. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Theres a whole subsection of twitter that stans this movie. That’s weirder than most subsections of the internet that I’ve ever seen, and I’ve seen a lot

14. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

Theres Joe Mazzello stan twitter for the 5 lines he had in this 7 hour movie

mad likes this.
  15. Jake Gyllenhaal

People were standing, dancing, and clapping during the musical numbers in the theaters when I saw this

16. NJPunkMusic

Die rad.

I enjoyed this tonight. Not accurate on facts, which leaves a bad taste in my mouth, but still enjoyed it. Remi was great.

17. The Live Aid scene was GREAT, and the rest of this was NOT GREAT

18. I actually don't know that I've ever seen a more uneven film in my life. There were moments I loved and moments that were eye-rollingly bad. The inaccuracies with his illness were astonishing

I lol'd when he first sings in front of the band in the parking lot and they sing a pitch perfect harmony out of nowhere

19. Jake Gyllenhaal

Or when John Deacon seemingly quelled a band argument by playing the bassline to Another One Bites the Dust for the first time.

20. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

that was the worst part about it for me

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The worst part to me is Freddie coming out of the inexplicably vacant doctor’s office. Then only other person in the poorly-lit waiting area doing the call and response.

johnnyferris likes this.
  22. Sean Murphy

Prestigious Supporter

lol there really was so much bad in this, but, i still somehow was able to enjoy it for what it was.

PatRFinley likes this.
  23. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

As much as people are praising Rami’s performance, I wanna give a shout out to Gwylim Lee for his portrayal of Brian May. I thought his was the 2nd best performance of the movie and all the other performances were varying shades of meh.
    The story behind this band and Freddie’s story in general needs way more than 2 hours to tell honestly. I would’ve been fine if the movie were closer to three hours if it meant more fleshed out performances from the supporting cast and more historically accurate depictions of certain events.

Aaron Mook and sawhney[rusted]2 like this.
  24. sawhney[rusted]2

I'll write you into all of my songs Supporter

“You know how you know you went rotten?

You start to collect fruit flies.

fLy AwAyy!”

That line (or whatever it was) summed up the movie to me tbh

25. I couldn't stop picturing Gwylim Lee and Joseph Mazzello as Bob Odenkirk and Paul Rudd