Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bohemian Rhapsody (Dexter Fletcher, November 2, 2018) Movie • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by Henry, May 15, 2018.

1. smowashere

Trusted Supporter

Very excited to see this!!

2. RobJGolde

Wrecked 'em? Damn near killed 'em!

Brian May posted on IG the other day that, although Queen played a huge role in his life, the movie mostly focuses on Freddie as a human being. I'm confident that the movie will highlight his bisexuality, on top of his love of excess and his meticulous nature when it came to writing/recording.

Another thing about this movie that seems to be upsetting people is that it apparently omits the AIDS crisis. I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I understand why the LGBTQ community and fans would want to see that side of the story portrayed because they don't want it to be ignored or glossed over. But on the other hand, when Freddie was sick, he kept it away from everyone (including the band) and didn't want to be the face of the AIDS crisis, so perhaps the band didn't want to have it portrayed because they feel that Freddie wouldn't want it either? I dunno.

What do you all think?

3. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

Mercury didn't publically announce he was diagnosed until the day before he died, so I think they'd want to honor his musical contributions while showing his personal life (without going into his sexuality) that the public doesn't know.

RobJGolde likes this.
  4. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

I think we should wait till we actually see the movie before getting outraged about what might not be in it

Zilla, coleslawed and RobJGolde like this.
  5. Anthony_ May 18, 2018
    (Last edited: May 18, 2018)
    Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

The chances that the movie isn’t going to be honest about his sexuality are almost zero, but that’s not the point. The point is a member of the LGBTQ community voiced a valid complaint, which is that the marketing team chose to highlight one aspect of his sexuality in a trailer and ignore another, equally important aspect of it. That’s literally all. If the trailer was really “just focused on the music” then why did it show him with anyone, male or female, in an apparently romantic/flirtatious context? It’s just weird and it didn’t sit well with Bryan Fuller. So instead of lashing out irrationally and taking what was said to an extreme that possibly wasn’t intended, let’s take a moment to listen to a voice from a marginalized community about an issue concerning representation and try to learn from it.

iCarly Rae Jepsen and RobJGolde like this.
  6. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

7. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Fuck that

8. primavera

big baller brand Supporter

keep it

9. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I mean this is a Bryan Singer movie no matter how it's credited, the only reason it even came up is because he ghosted them not because they give a shit that he's a creep,not calling anyone here out it's just such a shitty system

10. iCarly Rae Jepsen

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  11. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

This looks awesome

12. aoftbsten

Trusted Supporter

This looks really really good. I love that shot where you see his reflection in the piano as he's playing.

13. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Sub

14. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

There's a button at the top of the page for that ya know?

coleslawed and Jake Gyllenhaal like this.
  15. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

flask likes this.
  16. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Just trying to relive the glory days of AP bro sorry

bradsonemanband and I Am Mick like this.
  17. coleslawed

Eat Pizza

(ap had subscribe buttons, too)

SmithBerryCrunch likes this.
  18. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Tell that to the news sections :-)

19. flask

Trusted Supporter

coleslawed and Cameron like this.
  20. Weintraub likes what he saw.

21. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

The Live Aid scene is well done. The rest of the movie is so cliched, it’s like someone tried to do “Walk Hard” as a drama.

Dan Quinlan and BornToRun like this.
  22. Jake Gyllenhaal

Wookie of the Year Supporter

And you never once paid for drugs!... Not once.

23. Cameron

FKA nowFace Prestigious

Can’t you smell it!?

No........I can’t!

24. iCarly Rae Jepsen

I've heard the Walk Hard comparison a lot, hope there's a Jewel cameo

25. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

"This was a particularly bad case of someone getting cut in half"