Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Body Origami - Bright and Only Mine (Sept. 22, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by nomemorial, Sep 21, 2017.

1. nomemorial

you're in a cult, call your dad

[​IMG]

Body Origami - Bright and Only Mine
    (Broken Circles Records - Sept. 22, 2017)

1. Enticing Market
    2. Sunny Pry
    3. Naked Walk
    4. Fan Dance
    5. Prom Cream
    6. Hammock Attack
    7. River Deliverer
    8. Sharp Light
    9. Forever Playground
    10. Undress Me
    11. Thermal Blue
    12. First Time Car Rider

Stream at Album Stream: Body Origami - Bright and Only Mine

Every time I can't find people talking about this band online I'm seriously amazed - they are one of the most interesting bands in the scene right now.

They've put out two EPs, Hadal (under the name NEST) and Thermal Blue, but this is their first full-length and it's absolutely brilliant (feels like I've been waiting years for this).

Fans of stuff like Mew, maybe Polyenso, and guitar/synth-driven psych-ish indie rock will want to check this out.

2. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

i havent listened to this band since hadal, but theres been hype af around them. maybe i oughta check this

nomemorial likes this.
  3. nomemorial

I think it's really fantastic. Unique and a good progression for them. Will very likely be in my top 5 this year.

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  4. blankreset

Terror is defined by the power it threatens.

I have seen practically zero hype around this band or release! Where are people talking about it? Because I haven't seen any blogs covering it.

Hadal was cool, but I loved Thermal Blue, and after spending some time with Bright and Only Mine yesterday, it think it's a really great step in their evolution. Feels like they finally found "their" sound. Agree with OP on the sentiment of them being one of the most interesting bands in the scene right now, can't think of anything that sounds remotely this unique that still has great melody and pop sensibilities.

It's grown on me more and more with each listen. Production is killer and I find something new each go around. Very textured and nuanced. Hope more people take the time to actually give this a shot because it blows a lot of their peers out of the water.

nomemorial likes this.
  5. nomemorial

Agreed completely on all points. I'm still BAFFLED how little I'm hearing about this around the web. They've released enough now to generate some decent hype, one would think, and yet I still can't find any. Band is so good.

6. blankreset

Terror is defined by the power it threatens.

Since we seem to be the only two people that have good taste, what are your favorite tracks so far?