Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bob Mould – “American Crisis”

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

2. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Bob Mould is an American King and a god in Minneapolis. This song is primal rage.

For anyone who isn’t hip to him:

He was part of Husker Dü, which I would say a huge portion of this scene owes their sound to from Foo Fighters to Motion City Soundtrack to Jimmy Eat World. He had another band called Sugar which was a pinnacle 90’s rock band. He wrote the original theme song to the Daily Show. And his solo career has been off and on for decades, but his recent run from Silver Age through Sunshine Rock is a masterclass in power trio sounds. I’m partial to “Patch the Sky” the most - it’s all hits, no misses. Check out “Pray for Rain,” “The Descent,” and “Thirty Dozen Roses” for an idea of his sound.

Bob is and has been openly gay for decades and supports every “other” cause, because he is a goddamn gem of a human being. Buy this single and the proceeds will be used to help clean up Minneapolis. I have no doubt this new album is gonna be a ripper, because there’s no off switch with him.

AMC likes this.
  3. Jacktheskipper

Regular

This guy :heart: