Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bob Dylan Has a Lot on His Mind

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Melody Bot, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Melody Bot

Your friendly little forum bot. Staff Member

This article has been imported from chorus.fm for discussion. All of the forum rules still apply.

Bob Dylan talked with The New York Times in a new interview:

There’s definitely a lot more anxiety and nervousness around now than there used to be. But that only applies to people of a certain age like me and you, Doug. We have a tendency to live in the past, but that’s only us. Youngsters don’t have that tendency. They have no past, so all they know is what they see and hear, and they’ll believe anything. In 20 or 30 years from now, they’ll be at the forefront. When you see somebody that is 10 years old, he’s going to be in control in 20 or 30 years, and he won’t have a clue about the world we knew. Young people who are in their teens now have no memory lane to remember. So it’s probably best to get into that mind-set as soon as we can, because that’s going to be the reality.

more

Not all embedded content is displayed here. You can view the original to see embedded videos, tweets, etc.

2. I have no clue why but I read this as “Bob Dylan Has Lost His Mind”

AlwaysEvolving21 and Fox83 like this.
  3. Fox83

Trusted

That's exactly how I read it! Your comment is the only reason I read the headline a second time.

4. strummer

My favourite quote from the interview (among many): "Good news in today’s world is like a fugitive, treated like a hoodlum and put on the run. Castigated. All we see is good-for-nothing news. And we have to thank the media industry for that. It stirs people up. Gossip and dirty laundry. Dark news that depresses and horrifies you."

Raku, palebluedot and treykholmes like this.
  5. nemotheemofish

Haha, I did the same!