Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bloodline (Netflix) TV Show • Page 5

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Apr 4, 2016.

1. I haven't started the final season yet, but does it give closure to the story?

2. drewinseries

Drew

Not really.

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

There were rumors last year that although it was the final season on Netflix, there were possibilities that it could be picked up on another network. Let's just say if another network to pick it up, they could easily still go along with the story.

kyle likes this.
  4. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah, I didn't get the whole Ozzy storyline either. And what about the whole situation with Sally and the priest? Nothing really ever came of that whatsoever.

5. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

I really loved this show's first season but it really lost me in the middle of the second. I tried picking it back up but I'm not entirely sure it's got the same magic that initially drew me in. Is it worth pushing through?

6. drewinseries

Drew

I think it's worth the three seasons. Season 3 was great until they had to attempt to tie things up.

7. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Season 1 was phenomenal in my eyes. Season 2 was a big drop-off but still worth watching. I thought the first half of season 3 was far better than Season 2, but like @drewinseries said, it kind of became a mess near the end when they tried to tie everything together. It's like they tried to throw in 3 or 4 seasons worth of material into the final half of the season and it was kind of a mess.

Personally, I'd love for it to be picked up by another network. It's not the greatest show on television but it's still one that I enjoy watching and I love Kyle Chandler so I hate to see him out of work for a little bit.

anonimito likes this.
  8. DooDooBird

Trusted

Yeah, I didn't understand that at all! And what was the deal with Father Lopez? Who was this? This wasn't explained well. And the fact they had Ozzy do all this terrifyingly creepy shit and it built up to nothing at all... ugh, it just bothers me so much.

9. drewinseries

Drew

I rewatched the first few episodes of season 1 after finishing 3 and I think 3 did a real good job at making you feel for Danny. I felt way worse for Danny than I did just starting season 1 before.

Season 1 creates the perfect vision of the family but S3 really shows where the roots of the issues in the dynamic come from.

10. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

11. DooDooBird

Trusted

One of the only good parts of episode 9 was that scene when Danny was basically begging John to say sorry and when he did, they finally embraced. Man, that was pretty moving and I had full sympathy for Danny at that point.

12. drewinseries

Drew

That scene was fantastic. That and when John breaks down crying after Diana said she's leaving really got to me too.

13. BoldTitan

Trusted

A lot of people HATED this season and thought Ep. 9 was the worst episode of television they've ever seen. I thought that was a bit of an overreaction and they just haven't seen enough bad tv lol. It was jarring, and a bit confusing but I believe The conversation between John and Danny and the conversation between John and his wife really helped to make the last two episodes worth watching. The most frustrating part of the 3rd season for me was Meg acting like a spoiled little teenager who goes from lawyer to a new identity partying it up with a bunch of new people in the middle of nowhere getting tattoos and such, she honestly become so unbearable, almost as unbearable as how big of a fuck up Kevin is, he is honestly the biggest fuckup I've ever seen in entertainment history it's so bad to watch. It's a shame Ozzy got written out, but I feel like they didn't have enough time to tell his story so it looked ridiculous. Thank God they didn't have enough time to dive into John's daughter's teenage escapades that every family show has to unfortunately have. There was so much that was sped up and cut out, and that was really frustrating, but it was really awesome to see John's reconciliation and his whole life laid out in the last two episodes, annoying fugue state or not.

14. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I read an article the other day that said Season 3 was originally supposed to be 'John Leguizamo's season' and he and Nolan's mom were supposed to be the main focus of the season until writers found out the show was ending.

15. drewinseries

Drew

You can see that with a lot of the way things ended. A lot story threads either went nowhere or stopped abruptly. Makes me thing it won't really move to another network if given the chance.

16. DooDooBird

Trusted

I'll always wonder what could have been if this show was given its full 5 or 6 seasons like the creators originally anticipated. I was very intrigued and fully invested in the characters and actors in this series... the writers just kind of got thrown into some tough spots towards the end and it got muddy.

On a positive note, I thought the first half of season 3 dealing with the framing of O'Bannon and the trial was some of the most entertaining television I've ever seen. Loved the episode where Roy Gilbert's guy shoots Kevin and that scenario develops.

17. Other than Meg being written off, I enjoyed this final season. I didn't hate ep9 like some, but I don't think I fully understood it either.

drewinseries likes this.
  18. drewinseries

Drew

Yeah I didn't hate it, just semi-questioning it's existence. Seems like kind of a waste of an episode with the time they had left. Maybe John waking up in the hospital could have been a recurring dream.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just watched the season 3 premiere. Very underwhelmed. I feel like it's gonna be a chore finishing this.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I thought the first 8 episodes of Season 3 were great, and far better than Season 2. But then the last two episodes happened...

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Okay the second episode of season 3 was sooo much better than episode 1. Actually excited to squeeze in a couple more tonight.

22. manoverboard365

Trusted

Just finished this. All the episodes surrounding the trial were great. But holy crap those last two episodes were terrible. What were they thinking?

Episode 9 made absolutely no sense. There was no closure at all in the final episode. And they never explained what the hell was going on with Ozzy and that priest.

23. drewinseries

Drew

And they likely never will.

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Finally started season 3. Already watched 3 episodes and about to watch the 4th even though I need to sleep. Really enjoying it so far.

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

I strongly recommend stopping at episode 8. The last two are just awful.