Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bloodline (Netflix) TV Show • Page 2

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by SmithBerryCrunch, Apr 4, 2016.

1. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

:-/I really wanted to catch up before S2 started, but since Lady Dynamite dropped, I haven't had a chance.

2. Anyone start yet? I'm hoping to bang out a few episodes today..should be a slow work day.

3. I'm a little worried about starting this. Reviews for season 2 have not been positive.

4. Just finished the first episode. Nothing spectacular overall, more or less what you expect in a follow-up to how last season ended. Oddly enough, I didn't think to check out the reviews until today and it is a little troubling to see that they're on the negative side. I'm gonna keep on watching, mostly because I'm not committed to other shows right now. Hoping for at least an engaging watch, even if it's not an award-worthy season.

I'm thinking that there's going to be a general consensus that the show killed off Danny way too soon.

ChrisCantWrite likes this.
  5. the rural juror May 27, 2016
    (Last edited: May 27, 2016)
    the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

I liked the first season, and the cast is stellar, but I don't know if I'll watch the second season. From a narrative perspective, I don't have a lot of faith that they can keep the show going in an interesting way.

Whalejaw likes this.
  6. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Just watched the first episode and I'm certainly inclined to keep watching.

Seems like it might be a little more over the top than last season, but we'll see.

7. Thought it was pretty ridiculous to have Linda Cardellini's character lose it at the restaurant when she saw the menu haha

8. Jeff

Regular Prestigious

Yeah that was EXACTLY what I was referring to, haha.

9. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

Loved the first season. Great television.

Watched episode one last night, while it was a little over the top... I can't wait to watch the whole season.

10. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

I finished the first three episodes and I'm still loving this season

11. Zip It Chris

Be kind; everyone is on their own journey.

Saw this in my Netflix queue and actually picked it over Game of Thrones Sunday night...(of course I watched GoT immediately after)

12. DooDooBird

Trusted

I'm halfway through season 2 and my main takeaway is Kevin is absolutely idiotic. Everything this dude does is the complete opposite of what should be done. Man, he's a fucking moron.

Thursdaysox likes this.
  13. youll be fine

Trusted Supporter

Ugh seriously. So aggravating to watch.

14. Vivatoto

Royal Court of Princess Donut Prestigious

Finished season 2 last night. Really good. 10 episodes felt about perfect, enough time for them to still keep the slow burn and still allow shit to hit the fan constantly. The guy who played Marco may have stolen the season. Leguizamo was great as always too. Eve was a good addition, I liked the kid more as it went along. Danny flashbacks were still my favorite though, glad there were a few of those. Only issue is I'm sick of this last 3 episodes are just setting up the next season bullshit. They did a good job not doing that in S1 until the end but they don't feel as interested in telling a specific story this season.

15. DooDooBird

Trusted

I finished the second season. I just have a couple questions and things I'm kind of confused about.

1. Early in the second season, was Kevin the one who killed the drug dealer the cops found? I mean, the writers kind of just shrugged this incident off the remainder of the season.

2. In the final episode, how did Beau Bridges' character get ahold of the cassette tape Lowry had?

16. brentkid

Regular

A little more than halfway through the second season. Definitely on the slow burn approach still which obviously means needing to grind out the first few eps.

I think the season does somewhat suffer from viewers needing to adjust to a new narrative style with no flash-forward of what's to come. With eps this long, you kind of wish you knew what this was all building up to.

17. I'm only a few episodes into S2 but I am absolutely hooked again. I can't wait to see what happens next.

wakaflockajamez likes this.
  18. wakaflockajamez

die die die, cry cry cry

I do not want to wait another year for a new season. Ugh.

19. brentkid

Regular

Finished Season 2. Kyle Chandler absolutely knocked it out of the park. Deserves every award under the sun.

Rock solid season. By the finale you kind of have a suspiscion of what is going to happen but it's still shocking even if you saw it coming ie Kevin killing Marco.

anonimito and Dirty Sanchez like this.
  20. jorbjorb

7 rings

i am bored 2 episodes in. comments above will make me continue.

21. brentkid

Regular

Slow burn to the maximum degree.

jorbjorb likes this.
  22. jorbjorb

7 rings

yeah man so i'm hearing. I loved season 1 but i felt that they killed danny off too soon. such a good character lol.

23. brentkid

Regular

I felt that way too but everyone does such a fantastic job in the acting department (again, Kyle Chandler) that you don't notice his absence as much as you may think you will.

anonimito and jorbjorb like this.
  24. airik625

we've seen the shadow of the axe before Supporter

About to start watching this. Have heard a lot of good things about it.

25. OotyPa

fall away Supporter

Don't read the thread. Tons of spoilers. But you're in for a treat