Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blood Orange - Freetown Sound (July 1st, 2016) Album • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Letterbomb31, Jun 2, 2016.

1. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

bump. let's keep talking about this

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

It's flawless. I listen to it most days. I got tickets to his Toronto show next month and couldn't be more excited.

3. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It's a difficult album for me to return to. Really one of the best of the year, but one I need to be in the right mindset to sit down with

4. Matt Chylak

I can always be better, so I'll always try. Supporter

Wish this thing got more attention. In a year stacked with releases, it's something special.

5. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

6. Chaplain Tappman

Trusted Prestigious

TheWater(s) likes this.
  7. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

So fuckin rad

8. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

Also I listened to this while doing yard work yesterday and it's just stunning. Idk what I'm going to do about my not important end of the year list so much incredible shit has come out

9. PepsiOne

Formerly PepsiOne Supporter

He was soooo good yesterday

10. polyfilla

who can never be sure

just listening to this now...how has this album been so under the radar these past few months? This is incredible

11. DarkHotline

Proud To Bathe With A Rag On A Stick Prestigious

I keep coming back to this album, such a great release.

12. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

I was just thinking about how generally overlooked this seems to be. It got heaped with praise when it dropped and then conversation just stopped almost immediately.

13. TheWater(s)

Kiss The Sky Prestigious

I listen probably once a week (plus it's one of the only Things I have that my wife likes enough for me to play in the car) but yeah no one really talks about it. Top 5 possibly AOTY for me

14. DarkHotline

I think it got drowned out by the number of high profile releases that came after it's own release and that's a shame. Easy Top 5 for me as well.

15. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

this is on my list to revisit, actually just got out of a conversation about it haha
    best to you is one of my favorite songs of the year

16. OotyPa

fall away

definitely gotta relisten to this today

17. OhTheWater

Let it run Supporter

It's an incredible album, but one that I find hard to revisit. It's very complex and heavy. I don't spin it a lot, maybe once a month, but it's one of my favorites of the year

beachdude42 likes this.
  18. beachdude

I'm not brave Prestigious

Yeah this is definitely one of the most impressive albums I've heard this year, but it's not an easy listen to just throw on for me. Very dense.

19. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

I actually find this really listenable. Which is apparently a minority. But yeah especially for night drives

20. Ben

Trusted Prestigious

yeah i have to be in the right mood for it. usually sitting on my laptop by myself in the afternoon is when i feel drawn to it for some reason. it's very very good though, and i agree with @cwhit, "best to you" is definitely one of my favorite tracks of the year.

cwhit likes this.
  21. cshadows2887

Hailey, It Happens @haileyithappens Supporter

Also "Hands Up"

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  22. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

Me too. Not to say the content is very difficult, but the music and his voice make this a endlessly listenable in casual setting as well.

23. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

He's gonna be playing at a festival two hours away from me. Kaskade, Bjork, Run the Jewels, Aphex Twin, Little Dragon, Squarepusher, Kamasi Washington, Thundercat, Washed Out, RZA, John Carpenter, Ariel Pink, Lightning Bolt and more will also be there.

24. DarkHotline

Bruh, go to that. Especially to watch Aphex Twin.

25. Driving2theBusStation

Regular

None of my close friends like enough of the headlining artists to spend the money to go, but I still might show up han solo if nothing else.