Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blood Command - Cult Drugs (April 27, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by unbornwhiskey, Feb 11, 2017.

1. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

[​IMG]

new album from norwegian pop/punk/metal/post-hardcore/idk band blood command. extremely RIYL: paramore, refused

title track:

KidLightning likes this.
  2. Slangster

Won "Best Hog" at the Hog Shit Snarfing Contest Supporter

That song is really cool, will check this out for sure

3. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

That's the most bizarre riyl I've ever seen

4. Slangster

5. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

this album is out! it's great. i'm gonna link the bandcamp stream but it's SUPER compressed there so maybe check it out via spotify. this album seems EXTREMELY chorus fm-core so i hope y'all like it

6. Leftandleaving

I love chorus fm core

7. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

same obviously

8. Leftandleaving

Kinda reminds me of letlive

9. Slangster

Haven't listened to the whole thing yet but I love the singles, excited to check it out later

10. Slangster

This is good. The horn parts are an interesting touch I was not expecting. "Gang Signs" rips.

11. This is so fucking good, like holy shit, I didn't expect that considering the members' departures. New singer goes so hard and fills the big shoes left by the original one. Nice adds of mariachi influences. Of course it's still heavy and dancey as their past stuff, yet they pushed both sides further than ever, which makes for a diverse album. I can't think of a better hardcore release this year at the moment. Best part about this band in general ? They're so accessible, like seriously they should be huge. Those songs are meant to be played in arenas or in dancefloors. AOTY contender, easily.

12. that Paramore add was weird, they're not the only female fronted band on earth lol, and they sound completely different.

this one would be more fitting : Refused, Rolo Tomassi, The Bronx, White Lung, early Gallows, Billy Talent.

13. suicidesaints

Trusted Prestigious

I didn't know anything about this band before coming across this thread, and I didn't really know what to expect based on the riyl, but this is actually really good.

14. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

they don't really sound like white lung at all but ok

the quality of the hooks is so wildly good is why paramore comes up in my mind

15. idk the energy, fast pace, wild guitars, coupled with some of the mindblowing screams make me think of White Lung at moments, but not particularly this record. I think WL's clean vocals sound a lot similar to those from Blood Command's new singer as well. I'd like to see both bands tour together, it could be a nice combo.

Yeah they have an impressive ability to combine some of the most furious post/punk-hardcore elements with catchy and poppy melodies, in a way I rarely hear elsewhere.

16. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This is so fucking weird. I saw it on a pretty good year end list and figured I'd give it a shot. This sound is just nuts. Totally on board.

elemenohpe likes this.
  17. elemenohpe

Irregular Prestigious

Bumped this record a few times after reading it on someone's Jan-June list. Definitely a jam.

18. Slangster and lettersandnumbers like this.
  19. Slangster

The new EP is a lot of fun

riotspray likes this.
  20. Haruni

Regular

Just discovered this band from the new ep and immediately recommended them to my wife as ffo Brutus, White Lung, and Paramore. Funny seeing the earlier comments in here.

21. Slangster

Few weeks old now, but since it hasn't been posted:

22. Are they done with a new album then? I haven't kept up for a while

23. White

Cum for the Cum God. Prestigious

New single June 4th. No word yet if it's a one-off or the lead single for a new album. They've also got a new vocalist because of course they do.

Crisp X, Leftandleaving and Slangster like this.
  24. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

absolutely fucking incredible

Crisp X and Slangster like this.
  25. Slangster

Yeah this song rips

If I didn't know they had a new singer I don't think I would have noticed, they sound pretty similar to me