Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blonde (Andrew Dominik, Netflix) Movie

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by joe727, Aug 30, 2016.

1. joe727

A DILAPIDATED BOAT! Prestigious

Director Andrew Dominik (The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, Chopper, Killing Them Softly) recently confirmed that his long in development Marilyn Monroe biopic "Blonde" based on the biography of the same name is finally getting made with Netflix picking it up.

The film will see a limited release in theatres and be added to the streaming service.

Dominik has said he's already cast an actress to play Marilyn Monroe but won't announce who it is yet. He also hinted that filming starts in January so I can assume we'll probably see a 2018 release, late 2017 at the very earliest.

2. brandon_260

Trusted Prestigious

This wait has been forever. Hope it ends up better than Killing Them Softly (though I do recall liking that a bit upon release).

3. ItsAndrew

Prestigious Prestigious

upload_2021-10-12_11-14-38.jpeg

4. Morrissey

Trusted

This is who Andrew Dominik is. What were they expecting considering his entire career?

coleslawed likes this.
  5. HeckYeahMatt

Not Big Chungus

I'm expecting a Lynchian nightmare based off the description above.

SpyKi likes this.
  6. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

7. phaynes12

https://expertfrowner.bandcamp.com/ Prestigious

i will watch this

8. Serh

Prestigious Prestigious

trailer tomorrow

9. devenstonow

Noobie

10. phaynes12

she really can't shake the accent huh

still wanna see this for the spectacle/Dominick/i still like ADA despite appearing miscast but this looks like a bit of a mess

11. JoshIsMediocre

The ocean's awesome, and for winners Supporter

It definitely *looks* interesting

12. phaynes12

he's a great visual storyteller. just not a great actual storyteller, at least outside of jesse james

coleslawed likes this.
  13. soggytime

Trusted

It's very funny how furious Netflix is about how this movie turned out. It's probably good and they have no idea what they have.

14. I Am Mick

@gravebug Prestigious

Are there sources that Netflix hates this movie other than that instastory? the "gratuitous nudity" part has already been debunked.

The accent is off, and I'm not surprised. But I trust Dominik and I liked the trailer

15. devenstonow Jul 28, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2022)
    devenstonow

Noobie

16. SpyKi Jul 28, 2022
    (Last edited: Jul 28, 2022)
    SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

As someone who doesn't really care about historical accuracy and really likes Ana de Armas, I'm kinda glad the accent is still there.

JoshIsMediocre likes this.
  17. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

18. JoshIsMediocre

chewbacca110 likes this.
  19. devenstonow

Noobie

Seeing this tomorrow, anyone else catching this this weekend?

I had an option to buy a child's ticket (and it's the same price as a regular ticket) and kinda wanted to do it just to see what would happen

20. JoshIsMediocre

You will go to jail

21. flask

Trusted Supporter

Nicole Kidman will ban you from ever watching movies again

22. Zilla

Trusted Supporter

You’ll never know in what place heartbreak feels good.

23. devenstonow

Noobie

ha shows you AMC won't touch this movie with a stick, it's a Landmark

which I haven't been to in a while but the last time I was there I think it was Matthew McConnaughey?

24. devenstonow Sep 24, 2022
    (Last edited: Sep 24, 2022)
    devenstonow

Noobie

This was so phenomenal and certainly a spectacle

It's a shame so few people will see it on a big screen, this is so beautifully shot. There's fun toying with aspect ratios but (not a plot spoiler) I wish the default aspect ratio wasn't 4:3, there are so many really really great widescreen shots

Nick Cave and Warren Ellis unsurprisingly deliver big time.

I stopped noticing the accent halfway through. The first half overall was ok, but once Arthur Miller shows up it becomes a cerebral adrenaline rush of a fever dream and shows why auteurs need to make more biopics.

a lot of the criticism is also dumb and hysterical (especially that article about the "grotesque" CGI fetus. It looks like every other fetus I've seen in movies)

25. HeckYeahMatt

Not Big Chungus

Saw this at a packed screening today. Had to drive to the only theater playing it in South Florida!

9/10 film. Think Chinatown meets Mulholland Drive. That last hour is VERY Lynchian.

a harrowing watch - viewing experience reminded me a lot of when I saw Blue Valentine for the first time.

SpyKi likes this.