Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bloc Party Band • Page 6

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Ohh, I missed that one. Thanks!

Carrow likes this.
  2. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Six years and this is the best they came up huh?

3. Four is still my favorite album from them. I hope this one rules too. Haven’t heard the single yet.

chewbacca110 and mattylikesfilms like this.
  4. mattylikesfilms

Trusted

Four and A Weekend In The City are my favorites.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  5. helloiamzach

Regular

Meh, not sure how I feel about that single. I honestly have only enjoyed the one-off track here and there ever since 'One More Chance'. 'Silent Alarm' though, in my opinion, is one of the best indie rock debuts of all time.

6. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Musically that makes me interested to hear more definitely. Four was decent. Silent Alarm is a perfect album and probably in my top ten. I like Intimacy a lot. One Month Off, Your Visits Are Getting Shorter and Flux are anytime songs for me.

7. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Intimacy never did much for me, so I thought Four was a great return to form album. Haven't gone back to Hymns since it came out

8. manoverboard365

Trusted

Hymns has some pretty great songs, which makes it baffling with that lead single choice

9. prattsy

Regular

I think Kele has always been a pretty awkward lyricist and considering how prolific he is, I'm not surprised with his contribution here.
    However, I think there's a lot to like here even if the songs basic. They have an actual drummer again, Russell seems to have that freedom he enjoyed during the 'Four' recordings here, there's some need production trickery on some of the verse vocal areas...
    I'm enjoying the littler details within this.

beachdude, Joe4th, MacbethSin and 2 others like this.
  10. Rowan5215

An inconsequential shift as the continents drift.

Kele's worst is some of the worst there is, but he also wrote "This Modern Love", "Kreuzberg", "Rhododendrons" etc. he can clearly write a great lyric when he tries to, just makes the absolute lack of effort on songs like this even more painful

unbornwhiskey and Mary V like this.
  11. prattsy

Regular

I've always been a big "Ion Square" fan myself

12. Henry

Moderator Moderator

This might be my favorite song of theirs on first listen. Big foals vibes.