Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bloc Party Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 17, 2016.

1. wordzanddreamz

and a millions screams...

HOLY SHIT. I am beyond in for DC.

2. might have to fly out to LA or SF

3. manoverboard365

Trusted

There's a huge two month gap between those east coast and west coast dates. I wonder if they're waiting for Austin City Limits and Voodoo Festival to drop their lineups before announcing a tour around them.

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

PLEEEEEEEEASE bring that show to Riot Fest.

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

yeah I was wondering what they were doing in between. Hopefully more dates will be announced. I'd like a regular tour rather than festival dates though

6. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Thinking about philly, wish it wasn’t a week day.

7. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

Been listening to these guys all day. I lose interest after the first three albums, but those three...goddamn. Silent Alarm and Weekend sound as vital today as they ever have. Intimacy is more hit or miss, but has some absolute bangers that stand up to the best of the first two.

They don’t get enough credit for being as ahead of their time as they were.

8. Horrorca

Trusted

SA is banger after banger - gonna be a great show

9. drummerAVA

Trusted

Last night(?) on The Late Late Show... I need to check out the “Silent Alarm Live” album...

10. SteveLikesMusic

Kele’s new solo album is pretty rad!

11. the rural juror

Band looked pretty lifeless in that video imo

12. SteveLikesMusic

13. drummerAVA

Trusted

Alright I'll admit, back in 2008 when Intimacy came out, aside from maybe a track or two, I wasn't feeling it... but it's been so long... I think it's time for me to give it more of a chance, along with their more recent stuff.

Gonna really dive in these next few days... likely Kele's solo stuff too.

Patterns in Traffic and Carrow like this.
  14. drummerAVA

Trusted

Me in 2008: ummm...

Me in 2020: WE DANCE TO THE SOUND OF SII-IIRENS!

EmmanuelSCastle likes this.
  15. Smittzerland

First time long time (FKA musicfan9795) Prestigious

Starting to get into these guys after listening to the new Citizen record religiously. Starting with Silent Alarm, but where do I go from there?

16. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

A Weekend in the City

17. the rural juror

Silent Alarm and Weekend are the classics. Intimacy is more hit or miss, but has some great tracks. There is a Silent Alarm remixes album which is cool too.

IMO they fell off hard after Intimacy. I never listen to the later albums, but some people like them. You might as well check them out and see how you feel.

manoverboard365 and Smittzerland like this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Silent Alarm and Weekend in The City are the classic albums. Reception is mixed on the next three. Personally, I think Four is a great album and would recommend that after the first two. I never return to Intimacy, and Hymns only has a couple of good tunes (check out "Different Drugs").

19. drummerAVA

Trusted

Came across this a bit ago and figured I’d share... another UK-based DnB group featured Kele on a track a couple/few years back and honestly, with Bloc Party’s more experimental leanings throughout their career considered, I’d love it if they put a record out that sounded like this...

the rural juror likes this.
  20. Four and Silent Alarm are my favorite Bloc Party albums, for sure. Four is sooo underrated.

21. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

I feel like such a fool having slept on A Weekend In The City. I think I listened to it once or twice after getting into Silent Alarm back in 2010 and wrote it off because it wasn't SA Part 2. The production on this album is phenomenal and a real encapsulation of their sound before and where they'd eventually go. A true transition record, if I've ever heard one.

drummerAVA likes this.
  22. drummerAVA

Trusted

It might be my favorite album of all time. Strong contender...

23. helloiamzach

Regular

This. It's a shame, because I'd say that SA and AWITC are easily the best two modern British indie rock albums to be released - much better than Arctic Monkeys' or The 1975's first two - but from Intimacy onwards there was a massive drop in quality and in turn much more of a mixed opinion.

the rural juror likes this.