Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bloc Party Band • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Night_Sky

Regular

Agreed. I've been on a Bloc Party binge the past couple of days so I thought I'd post these seeing as they haven't been mentioned in the thread and might interest some!

ChaseTx likes this.
  2. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

I will Stan silent alarm for eternity.

3. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Wowwwww nova club! Sounds very silent alarm.

4. Night_Sky

Regular

I think it's a good album, but I only really like about half of the standard editions tracklisting. Almost all of things I like about 'Silent Alarm' are improved upon on 'A Weekend in the City'.

5. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Silent Alarm is one of my favorite albums of all time. Weekend and Four are also great though

6. Night_Sky

Regular

This is bound to ruffle up some feathers (Including bonus tracks and The Nextwave Sessions):

'A Weekend in the City' >>>> 'Hymns' > 'Intimacy' = 'The Nextwave Sessions' > 'Silent Alarm' >>>>>>>>>>> 'Four'

'Intimacy' - 'Silent Alarm' are fairly close though.

7. ChaseTx

I need to revisit Hymns. I was into it when it came out but I was listening to a lot of stuff and it fell to the wayside

8. Night_Sky

Regular

I would recommend listening to the deluxe edition if you can access it. The bonus tracks are stronger than some of the album, 'New Blood' in particular is a top 10 Bloc Party song for me.

9. Matt Metzler

Space Cadet Prestigious

AWITC (and the loads of b-sides that go along with it) will always be my favorite of theirs. Hymns wasn't too bad but the lyrics didn't do much for me and I really wanted "The Love Within" to be played a bit faster than what they went with.

Night_Sky likes this.
  10. Night_Sky

Regular

'Fortress' and 'Different Drugs' are some of my favourite lyrics from Kele, the emotional vocal performances on 'Hymns' are its real strength.

edit: I only in the past year dived into the 'Another Weekend in the City' (unofficial name used for the B-sides around then) stuff and I can't believe some of those songs didn't make the album.

11. ChaseTx

I only know "The Once and Future King", which is a jam, and "Secrets"

12. Night_Sky

Regular

There is also:

ChaseTx likes this.
  13. SoundscapeMN

Regular

love Uniform and A Weekend in the City

Sweet remix

14. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

A Weekend in the City is hands down their best work.

Night_Sky likes this.
  15. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

silent alarm >>>>

(however the version of a weekend in the city i made that includes some of the b-sides >>>>>> silent alarm >>>>>>>)

Petit nain des Îles and Aregala like this.
  16. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

imagine cutting a song like "cain said to abel" from an album

Aregala likes this.
  17. ChaseTx

I need both of those albums on vinyl. Sadly don't think they are currently available.

18. i've listened to Four more than any of their other albums. i love that thing for some reason.

19. unbornwhiskey

Trusted

i really love about half of that record

20. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

The tones on FOUR are so fucking good. Some of my favorite sounding drums.

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah unpopular opinion but Four is one of my favorite albums of theirs. Kettling, Real Talk and Day Four are top tier.

22. ChaseTx

Four is their most straightforward album. It's great though

23. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I like Silent Alarm more overall but Four has some great songs on. Kettling is total banger with those riffz. The riff in So He Begins to Lie is so cool too. I also love the back and forth oohs in Truth.

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  24. the rural juror

carried in the arms of cheerleaders

“Ion Square” is such an epic song, maybe my favorite of theirs. Would be a perfect 10 if it wasn’t for the strange f-bomb drop (nothing against profanity, it just always felt out of place to me).

SteveLikesMusic likes this.
  25. DrownTheWorkforce

Regular

"Like Eating Glass" is one of the greatest songs of the 21st century. The pinnacle of their career.

LWS, kyle, chewbacca110 and 1 other person like this.