Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Bloc Party Band

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by ChaseTx, Mar 17, 2016.

1. ChaseTx

Big hat enthusiast Prestigious

Bloc Party are an English indie rock band, currently composed of Kele Okereke (lead vocals, rhythm guitar, keyboards, sampler), Russell Lissack (lead guitar, keyboards), Justin Harris (bass guitar, keyboards, saxophones, backing vocals) and Louise Bartle (drums). Their brand of music, whilst rooted in rock, retains elements of other genres such as electronica and house music.

2. ChaseTx

Really enjoying the new album.

Also it's exciting to see a band like this, that I've been following for so long, gain a female drummer. Hopefully she gets to record on an album sooner rather than later.

Dirty Sanchez likes this.
  3. Dirty Sanchez

Prestigious Prestigious

You've just reminded me that I need to listen to this. Thanks!!

ChaseTx likes this.
  4. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

The shows on the Four album cycle felt phoned in, but I just saw them at Govball and they were incredible. The band still doesn't move around much, but Kele really brings it.

5. Chase

CAF

They absolutely killed it in Cleveland a few weeks ago.

6. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Really underrated band in my opinion. What's your guys' favorite album of theirs?

7. SteveLikesMusic

approx. 3rd coolest Steve on here Supporter

Intimacyyyyyy

715creeks likes this.
  8. ChaseTx

I suppose it's still Silent Alarm

715creeks likes this.
  9. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

Really? That's the one I hear the least from other BF fans I've talked. A Weekend in The City for me. What are your stand out tracks? I have to say Signs and Zephyrus take it for me on that album

10. 715creeks

Meet me in Montauk

No surprise! Some of the finest rhythm section work I've heard on an album

ChaseTx likes this.
  11. ahabian

there isn't a proper word for the setting sun.

A Weekend in the City is now ten years old. Remarkably, it has aged better than both I and the world have. One of my all time favourite albums.

ChaseTx likes this.
  12. testtime

Regular

I listen to songs from A Weekend In the City everyday. My favourite has always been Waiting For The 7:18, but now Sunday, On, and Songs for Clay and a few more have been in heavy rotation. I can't believe he wrote those songs at 24, kinda like how I cant believe Aaron Gillepsie wrote Some Will Seek Forgiveness as a teenage. I'm just hitting 30 and finally have enough life experience to do anything that can change lives which they had years ago

ahabian likes this.
  13. manoverboard365

Trusted

AWITC is a great album. Sunday, Kruezberg and SRXT are some of my favorite Bloc Party songs.

14. ahabian

there isn't a proper word for the setting sun.

I was thinking along the same lines. I was 15 when the album came out, and have sort of caught up to it. I love it even more now that I'm able to look at it from the vantage point of 25.

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

This is my reminder to listen to that first album, this bands trajectory has always really interested me

16. iCarly Rae Jepsen

run away with me Platinum

17. manoverboard365

Trusted

Not really feeling this. Much different than Bloc Party's stuff, though.

18. Chase

CAF

C41372D6-2091-4A25-A7A0-BE9F6A9EDD81.jpeg

solxace likes this.
  19. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Riot Fest.... please and thank you.

20. As you would expect these shows are with the current lineup and not just cashing in on pure nostalgia by bringing back Gordy and Matt. They haven't been members of Bloc Party for 5 years and honestly judging by the way things ended between the 2013 incarnation of the band (their last show with the original lineup was a trainwreck) it's something that's better left alone. The two 'new' members are mad fucking talented so I'm excited to see how this goes. Silent Alarm set and 2007-2016 set would be AMAZING.

Goes without saying I'll be going to the Dublin show, let's GET IT

21. manoverboard365

Trusted

Oh god please bring this to America.

22. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

This would be incredible to see

23. Night_Sky

Regular

Unpopular opinion but excluding 'Four', 'Silent Alarm' is my least favourite of their releases. I think on the whole most of their material is/was ahead of its time and has gotten better with age.

24. Night_Sky

Regular

Russell and Louise have started a new project called Novacub. Sits somewhere between Bloc Party and pre-album Fickle Friends

Here are the demos they have released so far:

25. ChaseTx

Yeah I've been keeping an eye on them. Louise seems incredibly likable and it's been cool watching her learn guitar and start this new project