Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blizzard Entertainment Video Game • Page 6

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 7, 2016.

1. They really need to implement the equivalent of Hearthstone's disenchanting to the loot box rewards. I have two skins for Genji and I have no interest in him.

2. Arry

it was all a dream Prestigious

whaaaa? that's kinda lame. I'm about half way to level 17. i'm already tempted to buy loot boxes...

3. tucah

not champ Prestigious

I want this + dailies for earning more currency.

4. I'm level 20, and yeah required XP gets capped at 23; to go from level 75 to 76, you need the same amount of XP as you did to go from 22 to 23. Awesome way to do it imo, so that you don't go months without leveling up/getting a loot box. There's also a prestige system when you hit level 100, you reset to level 1 but the way your level displays changes slightly to indicate that you've prestiged.

5. Agreed. The only high level skins I have are for characters I never play (yet). Same with everything else. And I never get currency in my boxes, yet my friends seem to get them a lot more often.
    Yeah I mean I hope they do some sort of double xp thing once in a while at least or something.
    I don't mind it in that sense but I played for a few hours yesterday and only went up 2 levels. Doesn't help that I get jack shit in my loot boxes most of the time either. I mean I get it, but at least give some currency or something every time you level too.

I love love love this game to death so far, but I'm hoping I don't get burned out too quickly. There are a few changes I'd make obviously, so hopefully they keep patching it up and add more content. Blizzard's usually good with that so I have faith.

6. Guess it just depends on perspective -- the way I look at it, leveling up twice in one day is quite a lot for most games. Of course it's gonna go really fast when you first start, but if stayed at that pace, people would be unlocking items way too quickly. Makes sense for Blizzard to want it to take a really long time to unlock everything so people have some sort of incentive to keep playing (aside from it just being fun).

7. Imagine being at level 100 and never getting the skins you want for your main heroes or the currency necessary to unlock them.

One of the reasons why I prefer Magic Duels over Hearthstone is you can never get more than enough duplicates of a card. When you're done unlocking an entire set, you're done. No need for disenchanting or dust.

8. CobraKidJon

Fun must be always. Prestigious

I was reading that in the beta competitive mode couldn't be played until you hit level 25. Will that probably work the same way next month?

9. None of us really have any way of knowing until they bring it back, but it's possible they did that so that they'd only get feedback on competitive mode from experienced players. Alternatively, it's also possible they'll keep it so that brand new players aren't ruining experienced players' competitive matches.

10. CobraKidJon

True. I'm hoping we get some more details soon. I'm really excited for competitive mode especially because I'd imagine more people would communicate more since that's something I miss right nkw and team battles would be so much fun.

11. Does Mercy's beam not reach as far as it did in the beta or am I tripping?

12. turtledude9

Regular

God damn Overwatch is giving me some awful teams tonight. Literally losing rounds inside of 2 minutes.

13. CobraKidJon

This is amazing.

14. Just had a game attacking at King's Row where my team couldn't leave the fucking door.

15. SpyKi

You must fix your heart Supporter

Is there an Overwatch thread or is it just this? Either way I love playing as Bastion.

16. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Just this, unless you all want an overwatch thread. There isn't regular talk of other blizzard games so nothing has been separated at the moment

17. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Bastion gets MVP every single game. lol

18. SpyKi

I'm fine in here, if it ever becomes a problem we could make a thread then but I'm guessing it'll be fine.

19. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

I finally got a POTOG!! As queen D. Va, no less. It was pretty hilarious though. I got a double kill, but the second kill ended up in a suicide. I charged into Reaper and he fell off the map, but so did I lmao. If I had hit cancel just a second earlier. hahaha.

WhitestKidUKnow likes this.
  20. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

i h8 u :brokenheart:

21. SpyKi

Because I play as Bastion? Haha. I also really like Widowmaker and D.Va.

22. Henry

Moderator Moderator

Bastion needs nerfing.

23. Or you just need to flank him.

24. SpyKi

I've found some really good counters for Bastion. Genji's deflect completely destroys him.

25. Emotherapy

Regular

I've had good success using Pharah as a Bastion counter.