Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blizzard Entertainment Video Game • Page 38

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 7, 2016.

1. I like how whenever I want to try out a new card I don't draw it for five games in a row.

2. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Having a lot of fun with quest hunter in the latest expansion. Doubt its gonna be meta defining, but it feels a lot more viable than it did before. (New "add two 1 cost minions to your hand" guy is really useful, "when you play a minion give it poisonous" is lots of fun with elven archer, and the 2 mana lifesteal + rush minion coupled with dire frenzy coupled with all the new lifesteal minions out of rexxar really help stabilize)

3. Anyone who still uses Divine Spirit and Inner Fire as their win condition automatically sucks at Hearthstone I don't give a shit what the other cards in your deck are congrats on having zero creativity you boring assfuck.

4. There should be an emote that says "bored." I'll use it before conceding against stupid shit I have no interest in dealing with.

supernovagirl likes this.
  5. whoa. okay. lots of negativity. time to take a break until the next expansion. bye guys it was fun.

6. supernovagirl

Poetic and noble land mermaid

what negativity??

also, I feel like this game is for people smarter than me
    or for people who just use net decks which is lame

7. my negativity lol

8. supernovagirl

hahaha oh

9. lightning

hearthpwn, icy veins, hearthstone top decks and other sites have all kinds of decks, you can find budget ones that aren't dependent on legendaries that you can still have fun with

10. lightning

whoa dude hasn't even been a week bruh

11. xkaylinh Apr 17, 2018
    (Last edited: Apr 17, 2018)
    I played too much leading up to the release to save up on gold for it and got burnt out haha. But the decks I've gone up against in the past few days really have been disappointing; I think people haven't really acquired enough new cards yet to be trying out new deck archetypes, so I'm getting kind of bored. Maybe I'll just limit my playtime to however long it takes to complete the quest for that day. I already have the amount of Witchwood cards that I want, 100 including duplicates, the same I have for each of the other three standard expansions.

12. supernovagirl

Yeah honestly I hate net decks lol. I find that takes the fun out of it for me. I think it’s lame to constantly go up against the same decks because they saw it on a website and knew it “worked”
    I wish it was more like people figuring out what works for them and tweaking accordingly but I guess that’s just wishful thinking.

And then you have people like @xkhiemster who save up to get 100 cards right away and are frustrated that others don’t have anything built lol

Can’t please everyone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. I just dealt 16 damage to the enemy hero with my hero power in 1 turn as a priest hahaha

14. lightning

slowheart likes this.
  15. Ben leaving really sucks. I feel like that really hurts the community dynamic. Events/Card Reveals/Blizzcon will not feel the same without his voice being attached to it.

I'm not too worried about the state of the game. They did just bring in 2 former professional players for the design team.

lightning likes this.
  16. Me: Let's try building a deck around Shadowform, now that I've crafted two of them.
    Me: *forgets to put it in the deck and wonders why it doesn't come up in five games*

Aaanyway, I had trouble balancing the spell to minion ratio with my dragon deck and my Shadowform deck, so I decided to just put them together without the spells ahahaha. This deck where Shadowform x2 is the only spell has a surprising amount of removal, and since almost every card is a minion, I'm almost always building up my board, often while simultaneously killing theirs.

17. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

i got into the battle for azeroth beta....

18. Enjoy! I made it into the alpha but didn’t get to play much. I think they did a full reset on the beta servers so I’ll have to check it out this weekend

sophos34 likes this.
  19. sophos34

Prestigious Supporter

I think I'm gonna level alliance on beta since I main horde on live and want it to be fresh at launch

20. I just opened a Lady in White...

It's fairly easy to build a deck around Shadowform because you can have two of them and there are cards that synergize with your hero power whether you're in Shadowform or not.

Once you've drawn a low attack/high health minion before playing Lady in White, that's that. And with my luck, she's always in the bottom half of the deck.

Yeah, I guess the idea is to build a deck with minions that are good on their own but could benefit from Lady in White, but I could also build a deck that, you know, just doesn't have Lady in White at all.

I might have to test it a couple more times, but I'm feeling a little underwhelmed. I've dusted about half of the legendaries I've opened from the current sets. It's like whenever the pity timer kicks in it never gives me anything useful.

21. Cool. Just lost to two Pickpocket Rogues in a row. New Jade Druid cancer Insta-concede class.

22. :eh:

23. xkaylinh May 2, 2018
    (Last edited: May 2, 2018)
    omg this brawliseum is so boring it's like people forgot a new expansion came out a month ago.

Hearthstone can be so fun under the right circumstances, but ugh people fucking suck. Seriously uninstalling this time.

24. clucky

Trusted Supporter

Top 2 brawl is always a blast

Doing a bullshit Naturalize + the "draw a card and gain 1 armor for each card in your hand" druid deck which is great for griefing minion heavy decks

come up against someone doing millhouse + mukla

after a few turns of neither of us really knowing how to play it, they realize that their best play is to not play any anything (as I'd just fill their hand with bananas and then naturalize them to put them way behind on fatigue). they try naturalizing their own millhouses (from the copies I gave them) to ahead in the fatigue race but then they are out of naturalizes, no millhouses on board. Anything they play i'll just naturalize (after filling their hand with excess bananas to prevent them from getting more naturalizes off millhouse), so to stay ahead on fatigue they stop playing anything.

I play out my armor gain, but realize that +9 armor gain might actually be worse off with how far into the fatigue is going so I stop that. We then literally spend around 20 turns of hero power + attack. I win by one turn. :seeno:

25. Started playing HS again. I'll try not to bog down this thread too much with my negativity.

I bought more Get In Here! bundles than I'm proud to say.

I did pretty well with the free admission to the Taverns of Time arena. Was hoping to correct my 5 gold with one of the rewards, but nope. Oh well. The quests that give gold and dust are really nice. I've been dusting/creating a lot of cards, rather impulsively.

The new expansion's been out for a while now and I'm still seeing some old or basic bullshit here and there. It's the worst when I'm trying something new and lose to a boring deck. I realized that, if I don't have any quests, I should test out my crazy weird deck ideas on the Innkeeper AI whenever I want to see some strange card interactions, it's much less frustrating that way. Like, yeah, the Innkeeper has set decklists of only basic/classic cards, but at least I can pull off my combos without too much interference; I can safely try out decks I build just for shits and giggles.

I realize that I want something from this game that's very different from most other people playing it, like I'm setting myself up for disappointment. Oh well.

lightning likes this.