Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blizzard Entertainment Video Game

Discussion in 'Entertainment Forum' started by aranea, Mar 7, 2016.

1. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

They deserve their own thread.

Wharf Rat likes this.
  2. Wharf Rat

I know a little something you won't ever know Prestigious

I agree. Pining for overwatch beta, not at all expecting to get it

3. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

YOOOO

Wharf Rat likes this.
  4. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

5. Wharf Rat

that reminds me they're patching WC3 for some reason

6. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

I need to get back into Hearthstone, I love that game.

Also, Overwatch is *really* tempting me to install Windows on my Mac (or buy a console). It looks so damn good.

lightning13 likes this.
  7. This week’s shining example of Cross-Brand Synergy Optimization comes via Blizzard, who announced yesterday that the new Hearthstone hero Liadrin will only be obtainable if you have a World of Warcraft character.

Liadrin, who is a cosmetic upgrade and doesn’t add new abilities to the popular digital card game, will be unlocked for anyone who gets a World of Warcraft character to level 20. You don’t need a subscription—Blizzard says using the free Starter Edition works just fine—but you can’t get the unlock retroactively, either. You have to have gotten to level 20 after March 11. Synergy!

http://kotaku.com/new-hearthstone-hero-requires-a-world-of-warcraft-chara-1764987882

8. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

i opened Nexus Champion Saraad yesterday. wtf. been very lucky with pack openings. trying to get back to playing ranked again.

9. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

10. DeviantRogue

Take arms, it'll all blow over Prestigious

I wish they put out Hearthstone trading cards, have no care for the game at all anymore but I love the card art.

11. At least some of the art is directly from the old WoW TCG.

12. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

13. CoffeeEyes17

Reclusive-aggressive Prestigious

Think I'm going to restart my WoW account. I've been itching to play my DK again. Gotta say, DKs have got to be the best made class Blizz has put into WoW and it looks like from the Legion alpha vids that they've improved on an already stellar class.

so yeah, legion hype is getting to me

14. I want to have Legion hype, but realistically I have so many games in my backlog that I want to play that I'll never have time for WoW.

CoffeeEyes17 likes this.
  15. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

16. CoffeeEyes17

Bummer.

17. lightning13 likes this.
  18. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

Three mages while we still don't have a second warlock, priest or rogue!

scott likes this.
  19. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

OMG

"You’re invited to take part in our final Overwatch Beta Test Weekend, taking place this Friday, April 15 at 9 a.m. PT through Saturday, April 16 at 9 p.m. PT. Help us stress-test our hardware...and make a few plays of the game in the process!"

sakldfjas;lkdjfl

Wharf Rat likes this.
  20. Wharf Rat

Jealoussss

21. Snewt

Does whatever a spider can. Prestigious

@lightning13 is it everything we could have hoped for?!

22. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

for me it really is. if i didn't have other stuff to do right now i'd still be playing. i was obsessed with BF3 and TF2 for years. this really fills that void. it's so hectic, so intense, and each hero is truly unique. i'm impressed with the abilities they each have. it provides a nice challenge to get used to everything.

Snewt likes this.
  23. Wharf Rat

Ahhhh that's so awesome to hear. Blizzard TF2 sounds just perfect

Snewt and lightning13 like this.
  24. aranea

Trusted Prestigious

oh and there's SO many customizations for each hero - sprays, voice lines, skins, emotes, icons, victory poses. You get a loot box every time you level up. I've received two skins so far. I'm almost level 10. It's really rewarding.

Snewt likes this.
  25. CoffeeEyes17

Looks like August 30th is the release date for Legion

scott likes this.