Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blis. - No One Loves You (October 6, 2017) Album • Page 2

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Jul 25, 2017.

1. what

Regular

New song, I like it more than the first. Pretty excited for this

trevorshmevor likes this.
  2. Very, very into that

3. what

Regular

These two songs have been stuck in my head all day

4. Yeah been listening to Take Me Home a ton, gotta try to hold off a bit and not wear it out!

5. what

Regular

Yeah that'll be my issue at this rate. Really hope they experiment a little on this. They have that Microwave vibe I know and that's not a bad thing at all, but I'd love to see them push that sound and separate themselves from the other ATL bands.

6. Wonder if we'll get a stream this week

7. Aaron Mook Oct 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2017)
    This popped up in my inbox last week, very good album. I never really thought about comparing this band to Microwave outside of their vocalists, this band has always seemed a little more complex and interesting to me tbh

8. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

More complex and more melodic but they are definitely very similar and Nathan being in both at different times only strengthens that for me

9. Aaron Mook Oct 2, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 2, 2017)
    I actually think that Microwave is more melodic, very similar to All Get Out in that sense, where as this band...they've always had a little more grit in them imo. It's what drew me to their EP. Very catchy but also very experimental in the same way as TWIABP and post-TDAG Brand New

10. @Aaron Mook are there any really "riffy" songs like those on the last EP, or are they pretty heavily embracing this "wall of sound power chord" thing that we've heard so far?

Aaron Mook likes this.
  11. It's been like four days since I've listened to it and I've only listened once, but it seems more like "wall of sound" overall with riffier moments within the songs. It's a little more structured and straightforward in that sense, but still very, very good.

12. That's cool. I didn't mind the sorta meandering song structuring (or lackthereof) for the EP cause it was only a few songs, but a full album of that would be harder for me to latch onto. Excited to hear it, my calendar of anticipated releases for the year is finally starting to dwindle as we enter the last quarter so I'm making every release count!

Aaron Mook likes this.
  13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

maybe it's cause i don't listen to Microwave much, but the more complex parts in this band always lend themselves to more melodicism in the instruments to my ears, though I do think that Nathan probably has more melodic vocal melodies as opposed to focusing on the shouts. Idk i think Microwave is basically a less interesting version of this band but i like them both at least

Aaron Mook likes this.
  14. :wet::wet::wet::wet::wet::wet::wet:

15. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Lol I’ll just wait until 11 this way they can get some pennies trom Apple Music if I don’t like it

16. Totally. If I had a streaming subscription I probably would've done the same haha. Tbh this was the first time this week I checked for a leak so it could have been out there all week and I wouldn't have known

teebs41 likes this.
  17. trevorshmevor Oct 5, 2017
    (Last edited: Oct 5, 2017)
    Threw this on on my way to work this morning, got about halfway into Ugly. Don't want to say too much before I even have a chance to finish it but I like it so far. Nothing jumping out as an immediate "love" but I don't really mind that as long as the replay value is there.

Edit: Oh fuck @ Home

Edit 2: Okay yeah the back half of this was pretty much everything I wanted out of a debut LP from this band. Ugly through the end is all just awesome

18. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Just hit play

19. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Well I enjoyed track 1 so that’s good

20. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Sometimes when something surprises me I over hype it to myself. But holy Crap im really loving this, super raw production, really dynamic stuff.

21. SmashRipsaw

Outcast Tape Infirmary

Man, I really love everything about "Home."

teebs41 and trevorshmevor like this.
  22. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

Extremely frustrating to me that there's a song on here called take me home and another just called home

Aaron Mook likes this.
  23. Not to self-promote in every thread, but the Flower Crown LP literally had a song called "Bloodshade" and another called "Shade" before we realized and changed it last minute lol

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  24. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

You made a good decision, my friend

Aaron Mook likes this.
  25. Ridiculous how we didn't realize until we physically wrote the tracklist down