Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blis. - No One Loves You (October 6, 2017) Album

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by trevorshmevor, Jul 25, 2017.

1. trevorshmevor Jul 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Jun 26, 2020)
    blis. are a four piece emo rock band out of Atlanta that have released some fantastic EPs in the past, and are now finally releasing their debut full length through Sargent House this fall!

a3189581768_10.jpg

1. Dumb
    2. Stale Smoke
    3. Take Me Home
    4. Servant
    5. Old Man
    6. Lost Boy
    7. Ugly
    8. Home
    9. Christian Girls
    10. Pathetic
    11. Broken

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

NICE!

teebs41 likes this.
  3. For good measure, since this band doesn't have an artist thread, I'll embed their most recent EP here. Fantastic stuff, definitely worth throwing them $2.99 over!

Aaron Mook and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. cwhit

still emperor emo Prestigious

not really into this though haha

5. trevorshmevor Jul 25, 2017
    (Last edited: Jul 25, 2017)
    Yeah I found the song to be a little underwhelming on first listen but I'm sure it will grow on me, considering how much I've come to adore their previous material

6. Okay I think maybe I was just in the wrong headspace earlier cause I just listened again and loved this haha. Beginning of the song kinda sounds we might get a quieter opener that leads into this track that sorta explodes on you. Only thing I'm not loving is the production here, other than the song just sounding really HUGE, the mix seems kinda off. Some parts don't stand out like I feel they should.

Anyway, /wordvomit

7. Horrorca

Trusted

I really liked this! haha (we're all laughing in this thread)

some Microwave (circa the HN split) vibes?

trevorshmevor likes this.
  8. Yeah I can see where you're coming from a little bit there! I'm not too well versed in the Microwave discog, but from what I have heard of them I can see where there would be some crossover appeal.

This band released another EP once upon a time called Moving Forward, looks like it's mostly been erased from the internet. Not sure why, it's great stuff. Here is the only song I could find from it, for anyone wandering into this thread that wants to hear more!

9. Horrorca

Trusted

give me yr favorite track

10. Horrorca

Trusted

btw listen to that Microwave/Head North split

the M songs are amazing

Anthony_D'Elia and trevorshmevor like this.
  11. Will do! I've seen that brought up and talked about in high regard during Head North conversations before so I'm not sure why I've slept on it

12. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

Excited for this! Really liked the ep

13. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

For those making the Microwave comparisons, I believe Nathan from microwave used to be in blis. Til microwave started to blow up. On that last ep I think he does some of the screams.

14. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

He did, yeah. Played guitar

This vocalist sounds so much like him it's wild

15. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Yeah, they both sound similar and I feel like instrumentally they're not super different, and if anything blis. Is a bit more melodic so I always wondered what kept them from blowing up the way microwave did

16. Leftandleaving

I will be okay. everything Supporter

I have to assume it's bc they only had four songs out. I thought they were pretty big around the time of the ep's release? Could be wrong on that tho

17. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

That might be true, though they had that first EP out too. I found them on absolutepunk via that staff recommendation list so maybe they had more buzz than I noticed?

Zac Djamoos likes this.
  18. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

I like this. Love stumbling into these new threads and discovering artists I've never listened to before. Good looks @trevorshmevor!

Supernova and trevorshmevor like this.
  19. Anthony_

A (Cancelled) Dork Prestigious

Downloaded the Starting Fires In My Parents House EP on Apple Music. Enjoying it a lot.

20. Supernova

Prayers/Triangles Prestigious

Same. That's how I discovered Wolf Alice. The name of that band looked cool so I clicked on the thread and now they are one of my favs.

This song sounds good and I'm interested. About to check out what they already have out.

Anthony_D'Elia likes this.
  21. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

Pretty surprised Sargent House is releasing this. I'll check it out.

22. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

How come? I know very little about that label

23. EmmanuelSCastle

Trusted

Also is there something questionable about that label? Def remember seeing people in some circles criticizing them or some band they represented (I remember the phrase "get that Sargent House money" used at least once) but feel like if it was anything besides difference of opinion, it'd be easier to find

24. TheBaroness

a burst and I'm awake now Supporter

They tend to have more of a heavy/post-rock/math rock focus. I think this is their first sort of straight-ahead rock/emo band in quite a while.

25. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

the production on this single isnt very good, a bit disappointing