Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1143

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. walrusgumboot

Hi. I don't normally post, but I thought I'd respond to this.

I don't get why people say the production on Buddha is so bad, or "awful." That's kinda goofy. I suppose when compared to their later super polished output, yeah, it's not fantastic. However, when compared to most other punk band's first records, it's great. Especially for that time. And considering it's just a demo it sounds pretty fucking good.

Okay that's all.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  2. Hmm, thanks for posting. I mean, I think everyone understands that it was a demo and they had a really small budget, so no one expects the production to be great. But, it's a record that has now sold a couple hundred thousand copies and is considered a part of their overall discography, even if it was a demo. Maybe compared to Flyswatter, the production isn't bad. I'd never call it great though.

3. Eva89

Trusted Prestigious

I've actually never listened to Buddha, SHAME on me.

4. I've only listened to Buddha like once.

Erwin89 likes this.
  5. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

Would be cool if they did a mini acoustic set once HISALP is added to the setlist.

6. or they should do a punk rock full band version of it! ha

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  7. When Enema first came out and I fell in love with Blink, I pretty much ran to Best Buy and bought every earlier album and sort've listened to all of them back and forth as Enema was exploding in popularity. Oddly enough, it took me longer to connect with Dude Ranch. Now it's probably my favorite.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I am just glad they are playing Sober nightly. I swear I'll be pissed if they rotate it off the set before my show lol

9. oneeightytwo

Regular

They should put 'After Mignight' back in the set. I think asking for 'Up All Night' is pushing it, even though Matt would kill that track live.

10. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

They actually have played Up All Night with Matt!

11. oneeightytwo

Regular

Was that when Matt first joined the band? Seems like they've abandoned Neighbourhoods recently.

12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

13. BTDandFeelingThis

Yeah it seems like they have. Though they still rehearse Up all night and HAG so maybe they'll make it on eventually they did play up all night a couple times last tour. And wishing well.

14. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I always thought it sounds good with Matt, but Up All Night is way down on the list of songs I want to see lol. At least the chorus sounds respectable live with Matt, I always thought it sounded terrible before

15. BTDandFeelingThis

Blink fans be like "Just play every song you've ever made in your set please."

I kid I kid.

hongfong00, Erwin89 and popdisaster00 like this.
  16. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I think doing HISALP as an acoustic followed by a Travis drum solo then to the encore makes the most sense. Similar to what they did on the Pop Disaster Tour where they played What Went Wrong with Tom playing the acoustic guitar and Mark having a picnic with a fan on stage, then a Travis solo, then their encore.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  17. TheJMan

Trusted

Nah just like the Future Idiots do a cover of it and we will be all set.

18. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I know we thought the predicted date for the next new song was the end of this week, but didn't "Parking Lot" come out a day before we originally thought it would? Any chances we actually get this new one a day earlier than we think?

19. aka TODAY?!

20. BTDandFeelingThis

No tomorrow IS the day before the listed date. Following PLs example by saying tomorrow

21. talltomaz

Trusted

I would die if blink did something along the lines of what 311 does for 311 day (March 11th). Every other year they either play in Vegas or New Orleans and either play a 5-6 hour concert or two nights in a row for 3-4 hours with completely different set lists. Only problem is Mark has reiterated how much he loves his 90 minute set time and I think a show any longer than 2 hours and Travis would lose an entire finger.

22. oh. boo. i thought it was supposed to be the 30th.

23. talltomaz

Trusted

Apparently Misery is debuting now on Beats 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

TheJMan and bradsonemanband like this.
  25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I had a good feeling it was gonna happen sometime soon today nice

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.