Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 1142

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Jan 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I'll just say being from Cleveland, OH I wasn't aware how spoiled I was for constant tours of my type of music until I moved to Nashville 7 years ago and realized how scarce they are here without hiking out of state lol

2. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

I kiiiiiiiinda get people who have an undying love & appreciation for cheshire cat but come on...Buddha?! LOL
    Similar to when people still rank Evening Out when discussing FOB...*baffled*

3. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Anyone that says they've been listening since Buddha (and puts Buddha anywhere above last) probably just went to high school with the band haha

nchlsnwtn likes this.
  4. Buddha's only redeemer is "21 Days." Everything else is shitty.

inwaves, nchlsnwtn and ChampsMusic like this.
  5. manoverboard365

Trusted

I think the only song I'd ever listen to again from Buddha is The Girl Next Door cover.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  6. TheJMan

Trusted

Yup although I like the Buddha version of Carousel better than the Cheshire Cat version.

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  7. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

you cray^

8. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I'd rather listen to 21 days on loop for 2 hours than listen to Neighborhoods and California back to back.

9. BTDandFeelingThis

10. nchlsnwtn

Regular Prestigious

ha! nice work :)

11. testtime

Regular

I saw it all, I saw it all do down. His shadow grew as he approached the ground.

Dark

inwaves and BTDandFeelingThis like this.
  12. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

So, if we've pre-ordered the deluxe album, do we get new songs released before the drop date for free too?

13. BTDandFeelingThis

Yea. I already am bumping Parking Lot on my mp3

14. inwaves

the ships have all sailed to the sea

I listened to Mark's episode on Tony Thaxton's podcast Feliz Navipod from November 2014. It's right before all the Tom stuff went down but he definitely sounds really annoyed that their studio time kept getting pushed back. It was interesting to listen to knowing what was about to happen.

15. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

new song tomorrow. Woop.

16. oneeightytwo

Regular

I've always liked 'Toast & Bananas' and 'Point of View'.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  17. Buddha has some gems. Original Carousel, My Pet Sally, 21 Days, The Girl Next Door, Time, and Don't are all good songs. The production is just. so. awful.

18. Paul Beaumont

I would take Time, Point Of View, 21 Days, My Pet Sally, Reebok Commercial, The Girl Next Door and Don't (The non-Cheshire Cat tracks basically) over their recent output in a heartbeat.

19. evaherinkova

More dogs in government

The early Blink albums are good but definitely not the best and they're hard to listen to now because of the awful production haha.

There are a lot of people though who are exclusively early Blink fans or early Green Day fans or early whatever fans who will always rank the first couple of albums first for no reason other than nostalgia and being unable to adapt to change, in my opinion.

20. TheJMan

Trusted

Anyone know what the set list was last night? I've obviously checked the usual sites that post those and Youtube. On blink's instagram they posted two pictures with Parking Lot lyrics. Probably doesn't mean much because the day before they posted a picture from the concert with HISALP lyrics and according to the setlist that wasn't played.

BTDandFeelingThis and Matt_P like this.
  21. Matt_P

Regular

I was thinking the same thing, I doubt they played Parking Lot but I definitely want to know if they did!

TheJMan likes this.
  22. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I think it's interesting that they're playing Sober every night but not HISALP given that HISALP is supposedly the new single.

23. It'll end up in the set I'm sure. They were rehearsing it.

Daniel182 likes this.
  24. Maybe they're still fine-tuning their live version of HISALP. Could be one of those songs that needs to really be done right when doing it live

Daniel182 likes this.
  25. That's what I thought. What if they did the song purely acoustic live ?

Matt_P likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.