Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 Band • Page 5

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 11, 2021.

1. I just hope the new AVA album is really good so everyone will stop telling Tom to come back to Blink.

I guess that could backfire though. People will be like “new Blink sucks. new AVA rules. bring back Tom so Blink is good again!”

The never ending cycle

chewbacca110, .K. and JamesMichael like this.
  2. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I have a feeling the new AvA album is going to be really good. I stopped listening to the singles being released, but I’ve heard they’re definitely more interesting. Everyone is always going to say come back to blink. I think you have a better chance of Matt quitting blink to go back to trio full time.

3. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Personally I’m not into AvA, but I think a one off “for old times sake” could be fun. I know I’d fuel the fire of “get back together”, but it could serve as a great cross promotion if done right.

New Blink sounds like it’s moving further away from what people are used to and AvA is a like a space rock thing so both bands continue to drink further away from EOTS and TOYPAJ.

4. New AVA is good. It’s much more style and my style also loves NINE, so take that as you will.

Only one song is a miss. People will like it!

5. Nine rules, so this makes me more optimistic

David Parke and .K. like this.
  6. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Wow. Is this the only AVA you like?

7. Liner Notes (September 11th, 2021)
    • Earlier this week, I saw this nostalgia post for when Tom DeLonge announced Angels and Airwaves in the AbsolutePunk forums. Now that was a weird day. I’ve always been a little back and forth, to put it mildly, when it comes to this band. There are times where I’m extremely impressed with Tom’s gumption, drive, and singular vision for his art. And there are times where I think it gets a little too much and that he could greatly benefit from an editor of some of his more … out-there ideas. I, personally, have always preferred Mark’s more pop approach to songwriting and therefore connected more with +44 than I did AVA. But, of course, I’ve always kept my eye on the band. I’ve had the chance to spin the new album Lifeforms twice, in full, now, and my first impressions are maybe(?) shockingly positive. At times I feel like AVA songs can become weighed down under the extra studio machinations; however, I think the synth and electronic elements heighten many of the songs here. “Losing My Mind” is probably the best song in this collection, but “Timebomb,” “Automatic,” “Restless Souls,” “A Fire in a Nameless Town” are all up there with, in my opinion, the best of the Angels and Airwaves catalog. “A Fire in a Nameless Town,” specifically, deserves a shoutout as something I was unprepared for. I had to listen twice to confirm, but yep, that’s as good of a song as I think Tom’s written in a good while. On the flip side, “No More Guns” has an admirable message that I think is poorly executed. Brass tacks: This is the AVA album that most resonates with me in years. Mainly because it plays in a sonic space I enjoy and is in line with my current tastes.

8. TheJMan

Trusted

Yes Tom is unreliable and I don’t think he will be back full time anytime soon especially with AVA being back. I can’t see him being on a blink album even if its a guest spot, I feel it would be awkward and put everyone in a weird spot.

.K. likes this.
  9. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

For what it's worth I believe Skiba was working on blink stuff at one point in Webb's studio during these quarantine shenanigans if I remember correctly

10. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Possibly, but but if all this banter back and forth is genuine then everyone should be able to make it work. That’s why I think it should only be a single and feature all 3 vocalists.

11. Nolessthanblink

Are You Watching Closely?

Daniel182 likes this.
  12. JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

I’ve always wondered but is Tom just a huge fan of Ford or is he endorsed by them in some way. I swear he’s always wearing a Ford hat haha.

13. TheJMan

Trusted

I like to pretend he found it on the streets when he was pushing the shopping cart with his broken guitar in the New World music video.

14. kiguel182

Regular

I don’t need Tom back full-time. It would probably slow them down.

that doesn’t mean he can’t come and go and write something or perform in some tours. Just make it a bit weird and unconventional.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Holy laugh out loud hahaha

TheJMan likes this.
  16. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

He has a Ford truck that he really loves.

17. I have too much time on my hands tonight :crylaugh:

18. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

That TOYPAJ pressing is beautiful!!! *heart eyes emoji*

Jason Tate likes this.
  19. It’s up there with red eyes Cheshire as one of my faves.

20. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Makes me want to pull out my variants. Not sure I have a free 4 hours though.

Jason Tate likes this.
  21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I really need TOYPAJ on vinyl.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  22. Happy 2 year anniversary to Nine.

23. Just hit play on it. I still love this album so much.

24. I'll never understand the "Blame It On My Youth" hate.

25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

First listen was….I’m ok…albums going in a different direction. By listen 4 or 5 I was just thinking “Blame It….Blame It in My Youth” because the chorus is catchy and gets stuck in your head and everyone honestly blames everything on something else nowadays anyways.

I’m a Nine fan obviously. Only small issue with the album isn’t enough guitar moments in comparison to older albums, but they have so much else going on and it sounds great and so many songs are standouts. Happy they went for 15 tracks