Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 Band • Page 4

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 11, 2021.

1. StoJa9

Regular

Isn't that pretty well documented?

Richter915 likes this.
  2. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

So which subreddit is it lol

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

1.) Why are you guys so handsome?
    2.) Questions about gear they've collected and held onto over the years that we wouldn't know they had.
    3.) What was the main gear used to record BCR and +44?
    4.) If you guys could each be in a band of your choosing, what band would you be in and why?
    4.) Why aren't you two married?

4. razorburn

Trusted

5. macbethfan

Trusted Supporter

I don't think we're ever going to see the Blinkumentary released. Apparently they scrapped it cause they didn't like how it was being put together or something.

I totally forgot about the Untitled Anniversary Tour recordings! Damn, I'd do anything to hear/see those. I was at the final night at The Wiltern, and it was one of the best shows I've ever been to. They sounded amazing and I know I'd listen to that live recording if they released it.

6. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

My List (less about interview, more about a wantlist):

-"Punk Kid" unreleased untitled-era demo
    -Untitled Anniversary recording (video/audio) - Mark commented on this ask about 5 years ago saying "we had them record the shows, but then a band member left, so they are just sitting on a hard-drive somewhere..." Hoping one day we'll see these. Maybe for the 20th Anniversary in 2023
    -Plus-44 second album demos ("Mark in Studio" on youtube)
    -Life's So Boring with Vocals (Supposedly Mark claimed this does not exist recently)
    -Box Car unreleased demos/songs ("Mandy", "Dance With Me")
    -Unreleased Dude Ranch song, Dude Ranch demo tape
    -TOYPAJ demos
    -NINE unreleased demos
    -Opportunity for a blink patreon (early access to tickets/VIP, exlcusive merch, etc)
    - Do they plan on continuing the "alphabet theory" in the future

.K., bradsonemanband and TheJMan like this.
  7. TheJMan

Trusted

Haha yeah I was kidding about the blinkumentary. It must be pretty bad/awkward if they decided not to release it. It much rather get a VH1 Behind The Music style doc on the band.

macbethfan likes this.
  8. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I do hope they release some of the of those unreleased newer demos for California and Nine era.

I’d be interested to hear about other artists from their scene of origin they’d like to work with and why (contributing to a song or for a production role)?

I’d be curious if they had to pick a stand in for themselves for a Blink show, who they’d pick and why (with a serious answer)?

I’d ask about the +44 second album or any other projects that exist or stuff unreleased.

The question about “which current band would you want to join?” is a fun one.

David Parke and ChampsMusic like this.
  9. I’d love to hear the demos they did with Tim Armstrong that were apparently “too much like older Blink meets Alkaline Trio” because that actually sounds perfect… haha

10. 333 GANG

ACAB

This is definitely what I would ask about.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Yeah, I’d be in for hearing how they sounded. I bet they have lots of good stuff vaulted away. Even hearing that Demo from a potential Nine song leak and the Miley version leak Really Wish I Hated You was sort of neat.

13. kiguel182

Regular

Having two guitar players and having both Matt and Tom writing together would be pretty awesome

David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I feel like those two would vibe pretty hard together considering Tom looks up to Skiba's lyrics and Skiba likes Tom's guitar writing.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  15. TheJMan

Trusted

I don’t think Tom’s ego would allow it unless he’s mellowed out in the last 15 years.

ChampsMusic likes this.
  16. Mark too though, honestly. If Mark wasn't deadset on trying to keep blink sounding like blink-182™, and if Tom, Matt, and Mark could write everything (more or less) equally, I think they could write some reeeeeally great stuff together. And obviously Travis can play on just about anything and make it rule, so I wouldn't be worried about him. And make them work with a producer rather than self-producing, and make it not Feldy.

17. DannyZach

Trusted

Yea I’m all for Cameron Web or Bill Stevenson producing Blink since they did an amazing job on those last Alkaline Trio albums haha…but as Bill Stevenson said “They are not big enough” for blink or something in that line?Which is bummer…I loved Feldmans work with Mest back then,but I always wondered why them,Goldfinger and Good Charlotte sound all so “same” haha

David Parke likes this.
  18. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I think that hypothetical album has as much chance of being a mess as being good, but I’d be interested in hearing it if I lived in the alternate universe where it had a chance of happening

Jason Tate and bradsonemanband like this.
  19. and in the alternate universe where Jerry Finn was alive and producing it...

David Parke and JamesMichael like this.
  20. TheJMan

Trusted

If Tom were to come back to blink full time and he was willing to put in the effort and have a producer, sit and write in the same room etc, I’d rather it just be Mark, Tom and Travis. I don’t really see how Matt could/would fit into things.

Allhailburnzy likes this.
  21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ok. Time to rank albums now.

22. JamesMichael Sep 16, 2021
    (Last edited: Sep 16, 2021)
    JamesMichael

Software Engineer Prestigious

Ok, I'll bite.

Untitled
    Take Off Your Pants and Jacket
    Enema of the State = Mark, Tom and Travis Show
    Dude Ranch
    Cheshire Cat
    Neighbourhoods
    Nine
    California
    Buddha

DannyZach and Contender like this.
  23. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

[​IMG]

24. i don't think i've ever ranked their albums the same way twice haha

JamesMichael likes this.
  25. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

How many months before Tom would quit because he lost interest, got busy or didn’t get his way and they need to call Matt again to have someone who’s caught up to speed.

If Tom wants to be around again, start with a Blink single featuring Tom of AvA. Plus it’s good cross promotion for both bands. Write a Blink song with an AvA sounding bridge with Tom, and have it be Mark heavy on vocals but have Matt’s voice be present. Play off the fact you can have a Tom style guitar part in the Blink sounding portion of the song. Also, work with a producer who can manage to to understand that and handle egos and no tip toe around.

Tom’s left the band twice so I wouldn’t put much weight in a full time return. He could take on a more Mr. Brett in Bad Religion if he wants with Blink. AvA obviously means a lot to him too, so why give it up or slow down Blink.

Or just be friends and do that one collab and both bands go on their way. They all have a lot going on musically and personally to tip toe around trying to make something work.