Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 Band • Page 31

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 11, 2021.

1. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

“They’re too Hollywood”. - Bill Stevenson on him potentially producing a blink album.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  2. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

They got the songs out and moved on to write an even better album in Nine and didn’t just try and rework any of those deluxe songs. I consider that a smart move and therefore justifies Deluxe and good on them for spoiling fans with lots of music….even if Deluxe does have st d out a link songs. And if you don’t want them or like them, at least there were lot of songs on there as deluxe and released under the California umbrella and not as some “cool new Blink Ep”.

3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Not Another Xmas Song still rules. Classic blink. Never understood the dislike towards it. The video rules too.

ChampsMusic and manoverboard365 like this.
  4. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I Won’t Home for Christmas wasn’t toppable.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Didn't need to be topped!

6. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I know. But, some people use that as a reason to complain. I think it’s decent song and I was nice to have an new Holiday song for a a new era.

7. cbronder1 likes this.
  8. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

Thought this was interesting from Tom, forgive me if it was already posted:

“On the moments where [Neighborhoods] really gelled, it’s pretty f***ing rad,” he adds.

DeLonge now feels that he may have been “too heavy-handed” in trying to change Blink’s sound for Neighborhoods, something he admits Barker and Hoppus were “probably rightfully hesitant” to do. Should he ever return to the band, though, DeLonge believes he’d be able to strike a better balance between what all band members want from a Blink record.

“Knowing that I’ve gotten so much out of my system with this type of music with Angels & Airwaves, I don’t need Blink to land here, like I might’ve 10 years ago,” he says.

In the meantime, you can listen to DeLonge’s new AVA album, Lifeforms, out now.

TheJMan, fredwordsmith, .K. and 4 others like this.
  9. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

I think the bigger thing here is that Tom is actually showing some sort of self awareness.

10. manoverboard365

Trusted

He's already changed his tune on using a Producer and having co-writing credits, so it doesn't surprise me that he's admitting his missteps.
    Although I still don't think I could ever picture a new Blink album with Tom with that glossy Feldmann production and guitar tones.

11. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Haven’t seen this yet! Do you mind sharing the link?

12. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Pretty much what I and many many others felt. I get some people are AvA fans so may like Neighbourhoods more than I do, but he tried to much to bring in those spacey sounds and style as if it was the only way. Best song on Neighbourhoods for me is After Midnight, which felt like a Blink song and stands out even more so because of it.

ZooZooChaCha and fredwordsmith like this.
  13. Neighborhoods needed an outside producer soooo badly

14. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I get why there was hesitation after the unexpected loss of your friend and producer in Jerry, and I get that they all had acquired some production knowledge, but having a voice of reason for a band coming back together after a break up of sorts and all the trauma that Travis encounter with the plane crash they need a producer/emotional support system.

Neighbourhoods is fine, but the weaknesses are very obvious and explainable (a could have been preventable).

15. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

bradsonemanband and Daniel182 like this.
  16. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

marceting and bradsonemanband like this.
  17. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Amazing article. I had read snippets from the blinkItalia post, but really nice read.

Makes me really excited for the future of blink, whatever it may be.

18. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Picked up TOYPAJ on vinyl just now. Nice little surprise in my local store.

Dan Quinlan and bradsonemanband like this.
  19. kiguel182

Regular

I know this happens with most bands but the whole “this is or isn’t Blink” talk never made sense to me. It’s just a weird limitation.

Also, I like pretty little girl and Cali Deluxe.

DyingGaslight and LessThanTrevor like this.
  20. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

I've found a way to enjoy every release blink has put out. Some may not have resonated as much as others but definitely have felt the most joy putting on a new blink record.

21. hongfong00

The sky had blackened with carrion birds. Supporter

Misery is one of my favorite songs with Skiba. Love the ending when he's shouting "I don't need anyone!"

22. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

After Midnight has over time become one of my favorites.

I will say this about Neighborhoods though, nothing will ever match the excitement the first time Up All Night debuted (I think I remember them doing it on K Rock) and hearing Tom and Mark trade vocals again. It’s a shame it all ended up like it did, but at that point, everything felt right again.

23. dqwinny

THRILLHOUSE Supporter

"Even if She Falls" always felt like a great blend of their influences. My fav off Neighborhoods

24. fuck yeah. I actually remember my first full listen of neighborhoods and I was ecstatic.

25. manoverboard365

Trusted

I revisited Neighborhoods today for the first time in a long while.
    After Midnight, Snake Charmer and Even If She Falls are fantastic songs. Wishing Well and Kaleidoscope are really good too. I forgot how friggin good that bridge in Snake Charmer is.

But holy hell the mixing on a lot of these songs is absolutely terrible. Especially Up All Night. You'd think for the lead single they'd put extra effort into it. But god what the hell is that intro? The drums are so loud and sound like tin cans. The guitar also has no meat on its bones.

I never need to hear songs like Interlude, This is Home or MH ever again. But I'll also die on the hill saying that Love Is Dangerous is way better than anyone gives it credit for haha