Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 Band • Page 30

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Because there are worst songs that exist. Aka PLG, LID, and California. Hahaha :)

but yeah, the majority of Cali DLX sucks.

2. I do enjoy “parking lot” though. And I like “misery” or “wildfire” but I always get them confused so I don’t know which one I like most. Haha

3. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I'd easily switch some stuff off of original Cali for Last Train Home, Long Lost Feeling and Misery

Only reason I wouldn't is it changes the tone overall of the album, but I love those three

pbueddi, TheJMan and bradsonemanband like this.
  4. TheJMan

Trusted

Best way to tell Misery and Wildfire apart is they say “Misery” in Misery and “Wildfire” in Wildfire. Hope that helps some.

5. Hahaha THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

But really, I love the bridge in one of them a lot, but I never remember which one it is.

TheJMan likes this.
  6. TheJMan

Trusted

Hmmm both have pretty good bridges. It’s probably Misery though that’s the much better song.

hongfong00 and bradsonemanband like this.
  7. pbueddi

Trusted

Sad to see the hate for California Deluxe. I really enjoyed it for what it was.

koryoreo likes this.
  8. slimfenix182

Lol Misery and Wildfire don't sound alike. Misery has the great bridge though.

Oh I also like 6/8 so there

Parking Lot, Bottom, Don't Mean Anything and Wildfire all rate pretty meh to me

9. ZooZooChaCha

Trusted Supporter

Pretty Little Girl has grown on me due to my wife and I at some point started to say “prettily little guuurrrrllll” in our best Tom voice to our dog Tegan and it’s just become a thing for us.

chewbacca110 and bradsonemanband like this.
  10. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

bottom of the ocean deserves better

hairtaylor likes this.
  11. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Good Old Days is the best DLX song. Fight me.

It's mindless as all get-out, but the chorus explodes.

pbueddi likes this.
  12. Like to be put out of its misery?
    Boom roasted.

Onlyadirector likes this.
  13. Onlyadirector

Trusted Supporter

bradsonemanband likes this.
  14. tdlyon

Most Dope Supporter

Misery has a good case for being the best Skiba-era song for me. I love Parking Lot a lot too

But what do I know, I actually like This is Home

15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

No Heart To Speak Of, Darkside, and Black Rain for me.

16. slimfenix182

Yeah this is easy for me too

17. Three of the best songs on Nine? Get outta town

hairtaylor likes this.
  18. manoverboard365

Trusted

Yeah I actually like 6/8. Ok so one salvageable song from Deluxe haha

Woah woah woah. Did someone just say NHTSO, Darkside and Black Rain are in the bottom tier?? I don't even have words for that

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

No. Best Skiba-era songs

20. Phewww! We were all gabbing about our least favorite Blink songs so you freaked me out. Haha

AlwaysEvolving21 likes this.
  21. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

Deluxe doesn’t have any standout songs but I’m fine with it (except the wasted joke song). Being deluxe it’s like here’s some extra stuff that we didn’t feel was worthy of the album. After a long layoff and trying to work in a new member in such an integral role, it feels like the various styles they were trying out.

Nine is much more focused and California has way better songs. Deluxe is just extras and take from if you like.

22. If I remember right, the Cali deluxe songs were written after California came out. They just kept writing and then slapped those new songs onto the Deluxe version.

23. I wish so bad that they had released the initial songs they recorded with Tim Armstrong producing… grrr

24. slimfenix182

I know Hey I'm Sorry was from original Cali sessions since it was on the Japan release, I don't remember if we knew what else for sure was pre-deluxe.

Also mad at myself for forgetting to mention it cause it's the best song on the deluxe

bradsonemanband likes this.
  25. TheJMan

Trusted

No there were a few songs on the deluxe that were originally written during the California sessions. Hey I’m Sorry, Long Lost Feeling and 6/8 were. They weren’t included in California because they didn’t fit with the rest of the album or were too similar. There might have been a few others too.

.K. and bradsonemanband like this.