Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

blink-182 Band • Page 29

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by Melody Bot, Sep 11, 2021.

1. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Good Old Days and Don't Mean Anything are both really good choruses with not enough going on in the verses. Same thing with Kings Of The Weekend. All way better than their worst though

2. Kings of the Weekend is saved by its instrumental bridge. I think it’s the only instrumental bridge on the entire album so it’s such a nice breath of fresh air when listening to that album. And the bridge has a pretty cool riff too, which also is totally lacking across that entire album.

slimfenix182 likes this.
  3. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I will forever stick up for Kings of the Weekend because of the Bad Religion reference lol.

4. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Rabbit Hole and The Only Thing That Matters are incredibly underrated.

5. slimfenix182

I'm not hating, I like that and Teenage Satellites more than most. I just remember how awkward the verses were when they played Weekend on Kimmel mostly lol

6. slimfenix182

Yeah, they have very "Don't Leave Me" energy to them. I underrate them myself, I kinda forget I like them a lot until I listen to them again haha.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Love those 2. Top 10 Cali tracks. I will neverrrrr understand the internet completely destroying “Rabbit Hole.” The band was so stoked on it. Mark said it’d become a permanent track on their setlist. But nope. The fans ripped it to pieces for some reason. Such a bummer. I loved it instantly.

.K. and AlwaysEvolving21 like this.
  8. slimfenix182

Now I need to listen to Cali on the way home, which I shouldn't be in the mood for at all after getting our first snow haha

9. Deer head, shut up.

10. TheJMan

Trusted

Give Me One Good Reason as a stand alone song isn’t good but in the context of part of the whole TOYPAJ album it’s fine plus it was really fun when they played it live.

Fighting The Gravity and Bottom Of The Ocean are pretty much unlistenable to me. I don’t think it’s fair to put anything in Buddha or Cheshire Cat in a bottom listing because 70% of those albums are pretty eh.

11. slimfenix182

Yeah I don't bother counting the bad when it comes to interludes or those two albums (obviously the good songs get credit still) but after that the bad songs are a case of should know better haha.

TheJMan likes this.
  12. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

TOYPAJ has not aged well imo.

13. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I remember this too and I was taken back by initial reaction. Still surprised they haven't played it live.

14. The production on TOYPAJ is top notch, but the songs are a bit hit or miss, for sure. It’s basically an Enema clone, but is a bit more juvenile, lyrically. But mannnn “Every Time” is top notch!

chewbacca110 likes this.
  15. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

The production is top notch, absolutely. And it has some classics, but it just feels a bit less sincere than Enema to me.

16. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

The Cali joke songs gotta be considered at the bottom.

HelloThisIsDog and irthesteve like this.
  17. “Built This Pool” is still better than every other bottom Cali song.

18. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

The joke songs have the best instrumentation. Such a shame haha.

Nick Jagger and .K. like this.
  19. manoverboard365

Trusted

Pretty Little Girl is probably in my top 5 favorite post reunion songs haha. And I like California and Love is Dangerous way more than most it seems.

If someone is gonna make a bottom 5 Blink songs I dont know how it isnt made up of all California Deluxe songs.

Scooter2011 and fredwordsmith like this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Honestly I think they probably rehearsed it and Mark realized he couldn't hit those high notes every night. Maybe even tried playing it a whole step down like they do with Darkside, only it didn't sound right.

fredwordsmith likes this.
  21. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

Bottom of the Ocean
    I Really Wish I Hated You
    Strings
    Long Lost Feeling
    (1000 feet of pure shit and number one with a bullet…)
    Pretty Little Girl

22. fredwordsmith

Trusted Supporter

The riff and rhythm of “Built This Pool” is the nostalgia trip the rest of California tries and mostly fails to maintain.

Coldplay once turned Life in Technicolor, a short intro instrumental into a whole song that actually kicks ass. Part of me never wants blink to fill out this song because it’s so pure as is. But the other half of me would love to hear them try.

23. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I totally feel the same way. Wasted those mini songs on some kind of inside joke. I will say they more redeemed themselves huge with Generational Divide and Ransom (which are not as short but great shortest songs from them).

24. .K.

Trusted Prestigious

I disagree. The lyrics wasted them. California has some weaker songs, but they are still listenable.

25. I can agree with this list