Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 970

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Knowing SRC...I'll still get the Amazon one quicker.

2. quietwords

RIP EmoPunkKid28: 2002-2016 Prestigious

I just won tickets to the Mansfield MA date! WOOHOO

3. lucky!

4. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Hell yeah! How'd you get them?

5. quietwords

A radio station was having a contest this week.
    Also qualified to win a trip to the private show in LA, apparently. Yikes!

6. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

Nice! I'll also be there. I was able to score some tickets through a connection I have with a station and I think I'll be in one of the boxes? I'm just pumped to see EOTS. Cannot believe that is happening!

quietwords likes this.
  7. cricketandclover

Things have changed.

There's another interview here where Travis murmurs "BOJMIR"

bradsonemanband likes this.
  8. quietwords

Nice! Always wanted to sit VIP like that, haha

Donnie Ruth likes this.
  9. dadbolt

Prestigious Prestigious

ha. rimjobs and naked dudes. so epic.

10. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

The musician added that the part “was actually an idea I had for the Blink album.”

Further details on Lil Nas X’s debut EP are not yet known.

Last month, Blink-182 returned with the single ‘Blame It On My Youth‘. Ahead of its release, studio footage emerged of Travis Barker recording drums for the group’s upcoming new LP.

Back in March, he revealed that “literally anything goes” in regards to the direction of their new record. “I think we’re creating one of the most important Blink albums, so I’m really proud of it,” Barker explained.

Blink-182's Travis Barker and Lil Nas X have written a new song together - NME

Good read here too on the 20th anniversary of enema:

'Enema Of The State' Will Never Actually Turn 20

TheJMan and bradsonemanband like this.
  11. MacbethSin

Regular

Their resistance to letting terms like "dark" and "experimental" stick has me a little worried...makes me think they were playing chicken with the idea of releasing something truly original and lost.

On the other hand, BIOMY is fantastic and a good example of the kind of experimentation I want from them at this point

12. That's not what I took from that interview. Sounds to me like they were doing more songs like Cali Deluxe, and instead decided to go in a more experimental direction for them instead.

13. arewehavingfunyet

Trusted

From that Grammy article I posted:

"This depends, of course, on how much "Dumpweed"'s infamous chorus "I need a girl that I can train" rubs you the wrong way in 2019. And of course, that's how Enema Of The State kicks off, putting its best foot forward directly into its mouth. 20 years and far too few gun laws later, it’s harder to see what made toxic masculinity so appealing in the first place, but the line achieved its puerile success not only because it was so hard to take seriously but because the rest of the song is about how scared DeLonge is. The fact it’s immediately followed on the album by Hoppus' "Don't Leave Me," which gives the girl the last word ("She said don’t let the door hit your ass") helps."

They also talk about "The Party Song" lyrics later:

"But the legacy of Enema Of The State will always be defined by what it accomplished: remarkably clean-sounding guitars, the hyperactive drumming of Barker (an all-time rock drummer finally getting his spotlight) and episodes of adolescent romance so silly that an entire second verse of the first single could be devoted to the transcript of a prank phone call. Just because one chorus lamented that "some girls try too hard" didn’t mean that millions of young women didn't get the underlying joke that many more guys don't try hard enough. And if these three couldn't solve their relationship problems, at least they helped make high school easier by providing some good jokes about it. What's their age again?"

14. I hate the term experimental.

15. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Considering they used to call TOYPAJ their "dark" album and it's the poppiest bunch of pop that ever popped I'm inclined to disregard anything they say until I hear it.

FTank likes this.
  16. The problem really is that it means something different to so many different people.

To some, they expect Radiohead and pure electronic noise, to others, it's about a completely different drum beat than would usually be in a pop rock song and that's it. So expectations get muddled.

russvanderhoof and spiffa0 like this.
  17. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I think I saw an interview with Mark about Simple Creatures and he was acting like it was some wild experimental outside of the box thing to have a computerised drum beat as the starting point for a song. I guess when you've been doing something one way for like 30 years that the slightest change can feel huge.

ctschwink, Audrey Horne and FTank like this.
  18. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Agreed. Experimental could mean creating something entirely unique, or "experimenting" with different genres i.e Akoi collab or BIOMY having 2019 alt-pop elements.

19. manoverboard365

Trusted

20. TheJMan

Trusted

21. teebs41

Prestigious Prestigious

listening to california for the first time in a lonnggg time. with lower expectations its a lot better than I remembered.

Davjs and bradsonemanband like this.
  22. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  23. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Do we know who's producing the new album?

24. Depends on the song.

25. FTank

Prestigious Prestigious

Did he forget making Untitled?

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.