Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 869

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. TheJMan May 25, 2019
    (Last edited: May 25, 2019)
    TheJMan

Trusted

Honestly it probably wouldn’t go over well with the crowd. The majority of people that go to the shows just want to hear the hits to sing along to and aren’t up to date with the history and background of the band like people on these threads do.

I know we all knock the song selections on the set list but I do think the band has their fingers on the pulse of the crowds to know what works live and what doesn’t for the most part. For example people wanted Cynical to open the show, they did it and the reaction wasn’t good. They played a deep cut like The Party Song and it went over meh with the crowd so they won’t play it much anymore.

2. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I know we use this as an excuse a lot but they’re really the only band I listen to that feels the need to have their sets always be this way. It wouldn’t kill a casual fan to hear a song they don’t know

3. TheJMan May 25, 2019
    TheJMan

Trusted

More than half of their set list are non singles. Dumpweed, Violence, Dysentery Gary, Anthem Part 2, Kings of the Weekend, Los Angeles, Reckless Abandon, Carousel, Not Now, Cynical, and Sober were the most common songs played during their California run. They also played at times No Future, San Diego, and TOTTM at select shows. They played Parking Lot, Mutt, Don’t Leave Me, Obvious, California, Wendy Clear and The Party Song at their Vegas Residency.

They are playing deep cuts just not the ones people here want them too which is the problem people have.

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  4. Richter915

Trusted Prestigious

When I saw them in 2002 the power had briefly gone out near the end of the set...a ton of people left thinking it was through. Me, the intellectual, stayed because I know no show ends without dammit. Power came back shortly after and they finished the set.

SlappinCups and slimfenix182 like this.
  5. 333 GANG

ACAB

The first time I ever saw them back in 2000, they left the stage for probably 20 minutes, most of the amphitheater had cleaned out, and they eventually came back completely naked and played Dammit.

6. bradsonemanband May 25, 2019
    The first time I saw them was during the Mark, Tom, and Travis Show, and they opened with “Dumpweed.”

It’s from a few days earlier than my show was, but this is probably more or less the set I saw them play the first time.

blink‐182 Setlist at The Arena in Oakland, Oakland

Richter915 likes this.
  7. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

00 Worcester: Dumpweed
    01 Worcester: Don't Leave Me
    01 Hartford: The Rock Show
    02 Hartford: Anthem Pt 2
    09 Hartford: Dumpweed
    16 Hartford: Feeling This

Pretty much got all the options haha

8. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

I got Feeling This 7 times and Cynical once. Which was in Orange County, btw. Opened with Cynical 3 times all in California but Mark said they did it once and it was in Vegas which never happened smh

David Parke likes this.
  9. bachna84

we are nothing more than mannequins Prestigious

sounds pretty scandalous

10. I love finding videos of Mark saying “we’ve never ever ever ever played this before” and then finding an older video of them playing the same song.

TheJMan, David Parke and slimfenix182 like this.
  11. Micool1

Trusted Prestigious

I hope they play California when I see them in July.

David Parke likes this.
  12. Shaun

cool dogs

yeah i think they've played The Party Song for the first time about 3 times now ha

13. Is it “blame it, blame it on my youth” or “blamin it, blamin it on my youth”?

14. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

91X has been playing BIOMY and Rebel Girl all week and I'm loving it. I love hearing these guys on the radio again and with new stuff. Especially since 91X likes to play older songs like Dammit, M&Ms, Rock Show, and The Adventure a lot.

Kuri44, Contender and David Parke like this.
  15. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Speak of the devil...BIOMY just came on

David Parke likes this.
  16. It’s “playing on my roof” according to my son

17. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

I think it's blaming it cos when Mark replied to someone on twitto who didn't like it he said "one day in the future you'll all of a sudden start singing blaming it blaming it on my youth" or something to that effect.

18. TheJMan

Trusted

My favorite is at I believe Chicago Lollapalooza in 2017 when he said they were going to do something they never done before which was play Happy Holidays in the dark which they did basically all TOYPAJ tour after playing it twice in a row.

talltomaz and bradsonemanband like this.
  19. [​IMG]

A little back story to “Not Now.”

20. Serenity Now

deliver us from e-mail Supporter

I always thought Dynasty Gary would be a cool opener. Guitar riff starts w lights off then some pyro & lights kick in w the full band

David Parke likes this.
  21. Serenity Now

I’m also very much on team Cynical though. At this point in their career it feels right.

BlackwingE likes this.
  22. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Idk I'd like it if they opened with a track off the new album. They should have opened with Ghost during Neighborhoods era, When I Was Young or DED during that era and Cynical during the California run. Really showcase and support your new work. Feeling This works just as well as an encore opener or mid-set highlight.

23. 333 GANG

ACAB

Dynasty Gary

24. Serenity Now

Lol. I’m bouncing between this thread & the GoT thread & it shows!

333 GANG likes this.
  25. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

So did you post Dysentery Dany in that one or something lol

Doomsday likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.