Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 867

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Is it a coincidence that the most common show openers are all track 1 on their albums? (Pathetic, Dumpweed, Anthem 2, Feeling this, Cynical). The band obviously think they're the best way to kick something off.

I was just browsing some setlist.fm stats and 2001 was pretty interesting. They opened with Rock show mostly but also tried Don't Leave Me. It seems like ATST is mainly done in the encore but don't think it would be a bad opener either. Then again all the #casualfans might just walk out afterwards haha.

2. TheJMan

Trusted

I doubt it. Maybe they're planning on playing Enema for their festival shows?

3. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

I feel like most bands do this.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  4. if they didn't only play amphitheaters in the summertime, maybe, haha. it's usually still light out when they start playing, at least the times i've seen them the last few years.

5. TheJMan May 24, 2019
    (Last edited: May 24, 2019)
    TheJMan

Trusted

The history of blink's openers:

Before Dude Ranch they usually opened with Touchdown Boy.

After Dude Ranch until Enema they opened with Pathetic.

Enema until TOYPAJ they opened with Dumpweed starting with the Loser Kids Tour in the fall of '99, they opened with Family Reunion during the Warped Tour in 1999 but would also open with Family Reunion from time to time.

They opened with Rock Show for the TOYPAJ tour.

Anthem Part 2 for Pop Disaster Tour.

Family Reunion from 2003 to early 2004 before the Untitled Tour.

Feeling This during the Untitled album cycle.

Dumpweed for the Reunion Tours in 2009 and 2010.

Then Feeling This moving forward outside of a few shows where they opened with WMAA, Family Reunion or Cynical.

6. TheJMan

Trusted

It's possible that the set that started with Don't Leave Me is incomplete or wrong. Historically blink rarely changes their sets during concert runs and if they do it's just to switch out one song for another.

I've found that a lot of the time if sets are wrong it's because there is a bootleg on the internet with songs missing from the concert.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  7. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Yeah that's true I guess. It says they only tried it 6 times apparently but who knows.

8. TheJMan

Trusted

Here's a perfect example:

blink‐182 Setlist at Club 600 North, Plaza Resort & Spa, Daytona Beach

The set list was taken from a concert filmed for a TV show special that wasn't aired live. It's entirely possible that the show was clipped and they omitted a bunch of other songs they played since the only difference between that set and the shows before it and after was they would open with Family Reunion followed by Dumpweed.

Preserved Moose likes this.
  9. Remember the song "Carousel"? I miss that song. I wish Matt hadn't butchered it because maybe then the band wouldn't have decided to stop playing it at all. Or maybe there's just not enough room in the set for it now? Who knows...

10. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah it looks like they played it during the US California Tour run but stopped in 2017. Maybe they just put it on hold for now. I know they stopped playing it during their Untitled album run and then picked it up again. I guess we'll find out in another month.

11. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

So crazy that Carousel was the first song Mark and Tom ever wrote on the day they met. Having that kind of instant chemistry is nuts.

12. talltomaz

Trusted

Ugh... I caved and bought pit tickets for the St Louis show

Richter915 and bradsonemanband like this.
  13. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I'm getting close to this point for Indianapolis haha.

talltomaz likes this.
  14. 333 GANG

ACAB

My first was in 2000 and they closed their encore with Family Reunion.

Daniel182 likes this.
  15. tonyt3524

Regular

Dumpweed to open the reunion tour was fantastic IMO

16. DesolateEarth

Birb

They should throw everyone off and open with I'm Lost Without You.

(Yes I'm joking)

17. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I always thought Josie would've been a cool opener, but maybe that's just me

bradsonemanband likes this.
  18. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

Fighting the gravity tho

DesolateEarth and talltomaz like this.
  19. I agree

20. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

If they want to play EOTS during the MA show that would be cool.

Did you hear me @Zeke ?

21. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Would never happen but Everytime I Look For You would be a fun opener

Kuri44 likes this.
  22. duermete

Long Lost Ceiling

I would be so stoked if they used Anthem 1 as an opener

hongfong00 likes this.
  23. 333 GANG

ACAB

Anthem doesn’t seem like it would make a good opener to me at all.

24. duermete

Long Lost Ceiling

Lights are off, guitar starts banging. Travis kicks in, pink lights. Matt starts the lyrics, all other lights.

russvanderhoof likes this.
  25. “Anthem” is way too much of a closer for me to think of it as anything but.

LightWithoutHeat likes this.
Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.