Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 866

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Phenomenal opener imo. Haha. One of my favorite songs ever so

2. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

Feeling This is a perfect opener, I've never gotten that complaint at all

3. btr

Trusted Supporter

It wouldn’t really fit the flow of the show if it were anywhere else. Encore opener maybe? Other than that I don’t know

sonder likes this.
  4. 333 GANG

ACAB

Feeling This should continue to open every show.

talltomaz, Linton9488 and TheJMan like this.
  5. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Yes. Encore opener would work. Get the crowd back into it to close the night out. I was just thinking about that.

Its not that I don't like the song. I love it and is a top ten song for me. But for the love of god....do something new to open a show. It doesn't necessarily need to be a different song. Get creative and transition into it with a new intro or something.

sonder, David Parke and btr like this.
  6. Vs.

Regular

Feeling This and Dumpweed are easily the best openers.

7. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

i doubt i'll ever love a new blink song as much as i love feeling this, and that's okay.

sonder and ChampsMusic like this.
  8. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

I think Pathetic would be a really cool opener but wouldn't work for most crowds. Feeling This works great.

9. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I always enjoyed Anthem Pt II as an opener. With the stage lights flickering on and off during the intro lol.

Linton9488, TheJMan and David Parke like this.
  10. LessThanTrevor

Trusted Prestigious

I'd be interested hearing how Pathetic would sound with this era of the band. Could be sick. Probably slightly slowed down.

David Parke likes this.
  11. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Feelin This or Dumpweed are the perfect openers. I’d throw Cynical in there as well but I can see how it wouldn’t go over well

12. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah I don’t think Cynical really works for an opener as it doesn’t have the same energy or punch Feeling This has right out of the gate.

I feel like Feeling This is the perfect opener just like Dammit is the perfect closer.

Rock Show also worked as a pretty good opener during the TOYPAJ Tour cycle.

Jason Tate likes this.
  13. TheJMan

Trusted

Mark did another Twitter Q&A under the blink handle, here are some highlights about the tour and new music:

- May play Heart’s All Gone
    - Adam’s Song will be played occasionally
    - It’s possible they play Enema in full at some shows
    - Someone asked if the track list, album title and album art is finished and Mark responded 1 out of 3 but said it wasn’t a track list that’s finalized
    - @David Parke didn’t get a question answered

sonder, moore182, Rowan5215 and 3 others like this.
  14. irthesteve

formerly irthesteve Prestigious

Anthem 2 for opener please

15. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

Feeling This is a bad live show opener IMO.

16. 333 GANG

ACAB

I’m not even sure how someone could possibly think that. It sounds good enough live, it’s a high energy song, and people go crazy for it. That sounds like the perfect opener to me.

17. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

I agree with Feeling This being a great opening song. I just want something different after this consistently being the opener since 2011.

18. TheJMan

Trusted

After listening to some bootlegs recently of 2003 and beginning of 2004 before the official kick off of the Untitled Tour, Feeling This really feels out of place being in the middle of the set. Maybe it's because I'm just so used to it being the opener but it's kind of the same way with Dammit when it used to be in the middle of their sets until it was the closer consistently starting in 2001.

I don't think it's a bad thing that Feeling This always opens and Dammit always closes. It's the song selection in the middle that really matters to me.

bradsonemanband and 333 GANG like this.
  19. broken22

(:

Cynical as an opener would be awesome, than they could go right into Feeling This.

20. ncarrab

Prestigious Supporter

Trying to tease fans so they can increase those ticket sales, eh?

bradsonemanband likes this.
  21. manoverboard365

Trusted

My memory is hazy but I think the first time I ever saw Blink live they opened with Rock Show.
    It was one of those radio station concerts and it was the week that TOYPJ came out.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I thought starting with the Mark-only bass-intro to Cynical, with the lights off, and then suddenly halfway through the song lighting up the "FUCK" sign and going straight into Feeling This would be a cool way to start the show.

David Parke likes this.
  23. broken22

(:

I could live without the " FUCK " sign at this point. That's my unpopular opinion.

24. SmithBerryCrunch

Trusted Prestigious

The only time I've ever seen them live they opened with Dumpweed which was cool.

25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

My first blink show was in 2003, and they opened with Family Reunion haha.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.