Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 673

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

David Parke likes this.
  2. Joe4th

Memories are nice, but that's all they are. Prestigious

can't really say, but it should be relatively soon, but who knows. The tour is for this year though, I can at least say that lol

SlappinCups, sonder and Daniel182 like this.
  3. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I've checking the AVA thread at the top of every hour for the past week in hopes of tour news to no avail :(

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. "Wendy Clear" is underrated.

5. SlappinCups and chewbacca110 like this.
  6. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

“Wendy Clear” was my early favourite blink-182 song. Still top tier for me, alongside “Every Time I Look For You”. I’d bin almost any of the hits to have these take their place on the set list.

7. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

My second favorite track from Enema, behind only Going Away To College

ctschwink and bradsonemanband like this.
  8. I had a girlfriend in high school whose best friend ONLY liked Wendy Clear which was so weird to me. It's a GREAT song, but the ONLY blink song you like? It's such a gateway to all their greatest stuff!

sonder likes this.
  9. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

This is just my speculation, but given the fact that Mark has hardly ever had an album release without collaboration with another singer/songwriter, I'm assuming he kind of struggled with the writing of Neighborhoods. There was probably also a big part of him that didn't even want to write by himself and just held off until he could get the rare chance to work with Tom.

That's most likely why we got a Tom-heavy album since he seemed just fine taking full creative control of anything he was on.

10. TheJMan

Trusted

I don't think it's speculation at all, I think it's 100% the truth. Mark had mentioned that he had trouble/writers block trying to write songs during this period and he was afraid he'd never write another good song again (which is what Cynical is about). He even mentioned that he worked on a song, I forget that the working title was, so much for so long that he ended up totally scrapping it because he ruined it but changing it too much. Which is probably a good thing they record California the way that they did so Mark wouldn't overthink things too much.

Neighborhoods was definitely Mark's weakest output since Buddha/Cheshire Cat Era.

sonder likes this.
  11. I’m pretty sure I’ve seen Wendy Clear live. I’m stoked to see Don’t Leave Me, Aliens Exist, and Anthem live.

12. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Yeah the intro riff is great, it has cool shared vocals in the verse and the chorus is basically non existent. I remember hearing the leaked sneak preview that was like 30 seconds of the riff and the verse and thought it was gonna be killer.

13. dp619

Regular Supporter

Is the tour paired with 3 graphic novels, a movie, and a 4-part mini-series/documentary for "UFO Network"?

David Parke likes this.
  14. You’re familiar with it, then?

15. Thoughts??

[​IMG]

16. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Well for starters, that is a middle-aged, tattoed white dude. Kinda looks like Travis.

Greg, irthesteve, Rowan5215 and 4 others like this.
  17. cbronder1

Regular

Music video shoot maybe?

18. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

19. Daniel182 likes this.
  20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

So I guess Matt isn't back in the band?

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  21. No bass player guy?

Blink182Bouncer likes this.
  22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Ugh, if they announce the tour while I'm taking the ACT that'll be a cruel trick haha. But, it looks like that's the case, so wish me luck y'all.

23. Good luck

24. chewbacca110

He wrenches on it. He thinks it's his.

Hyyyyyyyyyyyyyype

25. The funniest thing about googling Angels & Airwaves is seeing them categorized as a super group

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.