Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 672

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Damn, Up All Night is definitely one of my favorite blink songs, idk y'all.

2. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

I still really enjoy UAN. But the breakdowns deserve punchier guitar tones, and the weird noises during the verses do not fit any purpose IMO. It's just Tom wanting it to sound more landscapy or spacy.

3. I just went through all of California and tightened up the transitions between songs. I'm about to listen to it straight through to see if it feels like a smoother listen.

sonder, David Parke and SlappinCups like this.
  4. SlappinCups

Hurley apologist Prestigious

at this point you should just be one of their producers/engineers

5. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

Whats peoples opinions on Simple Creatures now a few weeks after release? I listened a couple of times but the songs didnt really grow on me. Probably won't revisit it any time soon.

6. I only listen to "Adrenaline." That was the only song that really grabbed me.

chewbacca110 likes this.
  7. Right?! haha (I wish)

SlappinCups likes this.
  8. I listen to it pretty regularly. Everything but Drug is pretty good to great.

9. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

I think the Up All Night hype became underwhelming because we literally were told it was coming in 2009 and didn't get it for another 2 years. By the time it came out we were like: "uhhh what?"

Then on top of that there was some shitty ass "Tom's Angels" fan sit which said they were leaking it in 2009 "at midnight ... but what time zone????" and my dumb high school self waiting "up all night" to in the end never return to anything titled "Tom's Angels" again.

10. wisdomfordebris

Moderator Moderator

Up All Night is fine.

ctschwink likes this.
  11. Callum Macleod

Do or do not, there is no try.

Oh man. I feel bad for laughing at this story! I remember that website - were they just trolling for the sake of it?

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  12. Callum Macleod

Up All Night and Bored To Death are both very memorable for me! Although I think I was initially disappointed by both as I had let my expectations get stupidly high. Something I keep in check more these days.

13. I can’t wait to spin it more on beach days, etc. listened this past weekend again and it only gets better for me. I do forget it exists sometimes though.

14. When Neighborhoods was announced, I vowed to not listen to a single note of new music until I had the full album in my hands. So I didn't listen to "Up All Night" or any of the singles, haha. Except for at the Honda Civic Tour show in SLC, which happened before the album came out... So I heard the 2 or 3 new songs they played during that show, and then that was it until the album came out.

And then I was let down by the album so...

David Parke and SlappinCups like this.
  15. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

I just watched their Rock Show performance on that Daily Habit show the other day (2009) and Tom was like we'll have new music out for the tour

Tom you dirty liar lol

The sound on that show was always the literal worst for any tv performances btw

Collins likes this.
  16. clockwise

GREEN DUDES BEST GREEN DAY PODCAST Prestigious

Up All Night is great. Actually just heard it out at a restaurant yesterday which I thought was funny.

17. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I worked overnight at a grocery store way back then and I remember hearing "After Midnight" instead of "Up All Night" almost every time.... Either were a funny choice considering what time I was working, but I was happy to hear "After Midnight" instead.

18. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

The song isn't bad but the chorus is just so underwhelming compared to the rest of their catalog and works even less live.

Cause of the hiatus I probably have never been more hyped for anything in my life music-wise and it didn't disappoint, it just didn't hold up for me. Still in the good half of Neighborhoods though

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

I was more hyped for BTD than Up All Night.

Idk what it was about BTD but the buzz was real with that one.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  20. manoverboard365

Trusted

Ever since release day I've only come back to Adrenaline.

21. Donnie Ruth

Trusted Supporter

It was so terrible hahaha. When you're a freshman in highschool and losing sleep over the idea of blink being back together, going on tour, and releasing a new single you fall for dumb shit like that. They were just trolling to be dicks.

Only sites I actively posted on were The AVAMovement and 182online.

sonder and callumnmacleod like this.
  22. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

I have memories of both releases. Up All Night was the big return and the first blink single I shared with my wife. BTD was my first blink single on chorus and getting to share the excitement and talk to everyone here, listening to it for the first time with my wife before posting on here.

Which single had the better release and is a better song? Bored To Death. It also helps BTD wasn’t teased and talked about to death for over a year before finally releasing

sonder and cbronder1 like this.
  23. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Love the whole thing and revisit it daily. If I skip any it’s Drug

24. Callum Macleod

Yeah, I’d agree with that! I also remember the lack of Mark vocals on Neighbourhoods really disappointing when it came out!

BTDandFeelingThis likes this.
  25. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Any idea how soon? I have been impatient for it this last week haha.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.