Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 665

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

Maybe this week. Would make sense.

Easter. Bunny. Blink bunny.

Yeah that’s dumb

2. What if we get info tomorrow?! Eeee

3. BTDandFeelingThis

bradsonemanband likes this.
  4. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

If there was a "blink-182 on Kevin and Bean on friday" announcement today i would be soooo happy.

I would not be surprised if we didnt hear anything until may/june though :/

5. TheJMan

Trusted

I feel like June would be way too late to announce a tour if the tour was going to start later that month or in July. Like I posted a week or so ago the band announced the album, the tour, dropped a single on April 28th and tickets went on sale that following week on May 2nd.

popdisaster00 likes this.
  6. How often do bands release a single before the album is even finished? Maybe it happens more than I realize. But it looks like they’re still working on the album.

7. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I feel like 60% of the time the lead single is dropped by the time the rest of the album is in the mixing/mastering phase, but bigger bands like blink-182 can afford a more scattered workflow if they so choose.

beachdude and David Parke like this.
  8. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

Think AVA will get announced this week? They posted the final Dream Walker era picture on Friday.

9. BTDandFeelingThis

This is kinda funny
    1D6EF4D1-3368-4BA4-9B9F-50B95B80BE05.png

10. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I hope so!!! I think this week would make a lot of sense.

11. BTDandFeelingThis

Both bands get announced this week. Blink and then AvA. In true Tom fashion. Then it’s a showdown to release which album people are more excited for.

12. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

AVA + TTS needs to team up with a bigger distributor and PR team to get the new album some more legitimatcy in the "mainstream" music world instead of it being an indie release (more or less).

13. BackyardHero11

Trusted

I'm excited to hear something from both Blink and AVA but I think right now I'm more intrigued about AVA since we basically got two Blink albums in the past year or so haha

beachdude and bradsonemanband like this.
  14. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Yeah I bet this release will only appeal to current fans and no new ones

15. I'm definitely intrigued to hear some new Tom music. It'll be very interesting to hear what a 5 year hiatus did for him, musically.

16. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

This time the m+ms riff will be played with a synth

17. Daniel182

Let's hold our breath until we disappear

AVA for me. ;-)

18. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

Wouldnt surprise me if it has a more punk rock vibe to it now. Like "Hey look Im better at doing blink-music than blink is at doing blink-music!"

But maybe Im just being cynical haha. It will be cool to see what it is.

19. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

Yeah, definitely AVA. I'm hoping blink comes up and surprises me, but I think seeing Tom make a return to form will be really refreshing.

beachdude and SlappinCups like this.
  20. HelloThisIsDog

Trusted

Tom working with a producer outside of Rubin is a good start

21. If it strays from "classic AVA" and is more diverse like The Dream Walker, I'll be pleased with it, I'm sure. But if it's 12 songs that sound like old AVA stuff or "Golden Showers"... Ugh

22. Blink182Bouncer

Trusted

I feel like it'll draw a line between the two and sound like Dry Your Eyes or The War.

23. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

blink is working with Pharrell and Tim Pagnotta, potentially Lil Uzi Vert, And has talked about this album being darker and more experimental. Tom is Tom.

I’m way more interested in blink.

24. Nathan

Always do the right thing. Supporter

Honestly I doubt blink actually collaborated with Uzi, it’s more likely Travis had a beat or something that was Uzi-influenced and they just started calling the song that or something. But that’s still intriguing.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.