Remove ads, unlock a dark mode theme, and get other perks by upgrading your account. Experience the website the way it's meant to be.

Blink-182 [ARCHIVED] Band • Page 628

Discussion in 'Music Forum' started by popdisaster00, Jun 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.
  1. TheJMan

Trusted

Must have missed those classes in junior high huh?

Bad Frequencies likes this.
  2. SanityIsAFullTimeJob

Regular

I was into it up until the chorus. Okay song for me. But this EP will make the wait for new blink easier for sure.

3. Is that why I haven't matured past 6th grade?

TheJMan and Bad Frequencies like this.
  4. fran.182

Regular Prestigious

"But I can feel you all the way from my coffin in LA
    When I’m six feet underneath my misery
    Come and hit me with adrenaline"

Maybe those were more Alex, I don't know, but those are the kind of lyrics I'd love to hear (constantly and not just here and there) on the new blink record. Sharp, sincere, catchy, imagetic...

David Parke likes this.
  5. But less California name dropping this time. Ha

David Parke and fran.182 like this.
  6. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Loving that riff. The tones and tempo of this one reminds a lot of that DREAMCAR record.

7. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

Also, I just found out Feldmann worked on half of the new 311 record and brought in Mark to co-write on a song. It's hilarious seeing it from the other side where people are saying "Keep that blink-182 bullshit out of here", completely mirroring the things that have been said here about other people infecting blink's work. haha.

8. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Makes me excited for new 311 haha. Loved the last album.

9. jorbjorb

7 rings

Fuck this is so good.

10. ChampsMusic

Instagram.com/ChampsMusic

Alex sounds like Matt on some of these songs. Same vocal depth on some parts.

bradsonemanband likes this.
  11. TheJMan

Trusted

Yeah definitely my favorite Simple Creatures song. Really like it a lot. Can't wait to hear the other 3 songs.

12. I didn't really vibe with the other 2 but this new song SLAPS.

David Parke and bradsonemanband like this.
  13. Now with over 40 new songs recorded, Hoppus said that the new record is set to defy fan’s expectations.
    “It’s very different to ‘California’,” he told NME. “It’s a lot more aggressive. It’s darker in theme and tone. If you like ‘California’ to ‘Enema Of The State’ then this album is more like the untitled record where we are trying to experiment more: trying to experiment more, trying different sounds, and trying to expand upon what people think blink-182 is.”
    Asked about his current lyrical inspiration both for blink and new All Time Low supergroup Simple Creatures, Hoppus replied: “They’re both quite personal. I think that the world is quite a strange place right now in general. People are really wound up, everyone is on edge and that seeps into everything that you do.
    “There’s also a lot of hope and positive things happening in the world. Hopefully we are moving the world in the right direction, even in the face of all of these strange obstacles.”

14. Ben Lee

I drink coffee and dad my kids Supporter

First general vibe on the simple creatures song was that it immediately sounded like it was about Tom.

Then again, Mark could write something negative about literally anybody and I’d think it was about Tom.

15. Mrk_Brdshw

Dusted Groove

I like that. Don't have to reinvent themselves or try to recreate the sound from Untitled, but take a lesson from how they approached it. Just adding some interesting twists to what they're already good at is all I'm really hoping for. I'm stoked.

sonder, Rowan5215, .K. and 3 others like this.
  16. It's going to be hilarious/annoying when people are going to say "Fuck Blink! This doesn't sound anything like Untitled like they promised!" It's not about the SOUND of it though, just their approach to this new album was similar, like you said. Excited to see where this thing goes, although my expectations are much lower than they've ever been for new Blink. I hope they become my undisputed fav band again.

17. Zeke

Regular

Adrenaline is such a jam, the song is really great!
    And I am looking forward to this "aggressive" blink-182 :-)

18. BTDandFeelingThis

Now I Know This World Isn’t Spinning Just For Me Prestigious

So are we, Mark.

19. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

Ohhhhhh. I’m excited about the “it’s a lot more aggressive” comment lol.

20. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

Aggression sounds good as long as it doesn't mean more teen battle cry shouts about how "We are the broken kids of East LA" or whatever haha.

21. On my way to this Mark Hoppus thing at Princeton University. Really betting someone asks an uncomfortable Tom question.

22. AlwaysEvolving21

Trusted Supporter

“Hi Mark, How big is Tom’s wiener?”

23. Preserved Moose

Amateur Hour

"I heard Tom went into a restaurant and ate everything in the restaurant and they had to close the restaurant. Is that true?"

24. slimfenix182

FUCKIN SAVAGES IN THAT FUCKIN BOX Prestigious

"Is Tom actually Venom"

25. ComedownMachine

Prestigious Supporter

Oh wow that new Simple Creatures song is good

Thread Status:
This thread is locked and not open for further replies.